"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-18-2015, 07:00 PM   #11
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I have renewed my drivers license online once and they used the same photo. However, after the age of 65, you cannot renew online, they want to check your eyesight and see that you can actually walk across the room when they call your number...
I'm 63, and the license I was renewing was brand-new when I had to get a new picture 5 years ago. Nope, this was total fail on the part of the system. Worst yet, I've lost 15 pounds since the previous picture, but by the time the stressed RMV clerk was through yelling and me and answering my questions before I was done asking them, I got around to crying. No new pic. My fat-face picture now is better than a red-nosed, look-like-I'm-drunk picture would have been.

It will be breakfast for supper. After my above experience, I had to go to some sort of "Happy Place". Farmers' Market, here I come! Farm-fresh eggs ($5/dzn) along with a slice of ham from the other day and a piece of fried, failed banana nut bread. Not bad fried and syruped, but not quite as good as torn and covered with ice cream.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:16 PM   #12
Master Chef

Split pea soup and a big bowl of strawberries with whipped cream!

Old 06-18-2015, 07:17 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

CG, your license experience sounds just awful! So sorry you had to go through that!

We ended up with chef's salads.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:18 PM   #14
Senior Cook

Yeah, CG, that doesn't sound like acceptable behaviour on the clerk's part. I'm sorry that you had that experience.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:00 PM   #15
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
...by the time the stressed RMV clerk was through yelling and me and answering my questions before I was done asking them...
That really sucks. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. There's no excuse for bad behavior. She should be reported.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:28 PM   #16
Master Chef

CG, I've been convinced for years that the DMV gives a personality test to all those applying for a job there. Their people skills suck, and it's a requirement that only the most arrogant and obnoxious people need apply. I've never had a good experience dealing with any of those @#*@

__________________________________________________ ____

Oh yeah...dinner! SousChef cleaned a pound of big shrimp. I'm going to saute' some red and green bell pepper along with some sliced onions, and then add the shrimp and green onions with a jar of Trader Joe's "Thai Green Curry simmer sauce". We'll serve it over some Jasmine rice.

We really like that simmer sauce!!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:35 PM   #17
Master Chef

CG, I'm sorry you had to go through that at the DMV. I hope you found your happy place with your wonderful sounding fresh egg breakfast for dinner. And yes, that employee should be reported.

I had the grilled chicken atop a loaded up salad. Just finished - I'm stuffed! The rest of the chicken will either be nibbled on tomorrow or made into chicken salad for sandwiches.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	22985  
Old 06-18-2015, 08:43 PM   #18
Head Chef

My new thing, avocado sushi... This is Crab and trout, with eel sauce & Sriracha.

Old 06-18-2015, 10:04 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Aw, CG, (((hugs)))

Cheryl and S&P, good looking suppers.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:10 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

We had the last of our smoked pulled pork shoulder simmered with homemade barbecue sauce, and baked beans. I put sliced garden cucumber and zucchini in the brine from a jar of pickled banana peppers and let it sit for a few hours. I had that on the side and DH had bread and butter pickles.

Tags
dinner, sushi