Dinner Thursday, 6-18-2015 ~ International Sushi Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
:huh: No thanks, I'll pass.

It's a toss-up between breakfast-for-supper, or fresh-made salad and lots of bits of leftovers. Depends on how much time I end up wasting at the License bureau renewing the driver's license I was supposed to be able to do online. :glare: Once again, foiled by the State of Confusion...

Hopefully, you aren't dealing with idiots and dolts. What are you having for supper tonight?

I have renewed my drivers license online once and they used the same photo. However, after the age of 65, you cannot renew online, they want to check your eyesight and see that you can actually walk across the room when they call your number.

Dinner tonight will be a loaf pan of my version of Luca Lazzari's lasagna I happened to have in the freezer. With SO away, I can enjoy my delicious lasagna as she doesn't like it.

It's really hot and muggy out. Probably some coleslaw and some baked hand cut fries.

EDIT: No. No we won't have fries. My gas oven won't light. :/ I've been having problems with the burners, but just used a BBQ lighter and it was fine. The oven, though. Erg. The thing is over thirty years old. Hopefully my husband can take a look at it. Otherwise, I think we may just go out for sushi. ;)

Last edited:
It's either the "pot of pig" that I planned for yesterday's supper. If Stirling still isn't in the mood for that, it will be date night and the pork will go back in the freezer.

Pulled out a pan of frozen lasagna that we made a few weeks ago. I'll make some sauce to have on the side. Lots of fresh grated parm and a side salad.:yum:

I would love some sushi, but I am not going to get home until 9 probably, it will be too late to make it. :(

Much as I'd love some sushi, I'm going to grill a few chicken thighs. I'm thinking of chopping up one of the thighs to put on top of a loaded up salad for a one dish meal, and refrigerating the rest of the chicken for tomorrow. At any rate, I better get a move on before it gets any hotter outside. :ermm::)

I have renewed my drivers license online once and they used the same photo. However, after the age of 65, you cannot renew online, they want to check your eyesight and see that you can actually walk across the room when they call your number...
I'm 63, and the license I was renewing was brand-new when I had to get a new picture 5 years ago. Nope, this was total fail on the part of the system. Worst yet, I've lost 15 pounds since the previous picture, but by the time the stressed RMV clerk was through yelling and me and answering my questions before I was done asking them, I got around to crying. No new pic. :( My fat-face picture now is better than a red-nosed, look-like-I'm-drunk picture would have been. :LOL:

It will be breakfast for supper. After my above experience, I had to go to some sort of "Happy Place". Farmers' Market, here I come! Farm-fresh eggs ($5/dzn) along with a slice of ham from the other day and a piece of fried, failed banana nut bread. Not bad fried and syruped, but not quite as good as torn and covered with ice cream.

CG, your license experience sounds just awful! So sorry you had to go through that!

We ended up with chef's salads.

Yeah, CG, that doesn't sound like acceptable behaviour on the clerk's part. I'm sorry that you had that experience.

CG, I've been convinced for years that the DMV gives a personality test to all those applying for a job there. Their people skills suck, and it's a requirement that only the most arrogant and obnoxious people need apply. I've never had a good experience dealing with any of those @#*@:censored:

Oh yeah...dinner! SousChef cleaned a pound of big shrimp. I'm going to saute' some red and green bell pepper along with some sliced onions, and then add the shrimp and green onions with a jar of Trader Joe's "Thai Green Curry simmer sauce". We'll serve it over some Jasmine rice.

We really like that simmer sauce!!

CG, I'm sorry you had to go through that at the DMV. I hope you found your happy place with your wonderful sounding fresh egg breakfast for dinner. And yes, that employee should be reported. :glare:

I had the grilled chicken atop a loaded up salad. Just finished - I'm stuffed! The rest of the chicken will either be nibbled on tomorrow or made into chicken salad for sandwiches.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 186
We had the last of our smoked pulled pork shoulder simmered with homemade barbecue sauce, and baked beans. I put sliced garden cucumber and zucchini in the brine from a jar of pickled banana peppers and let it sit for a few hours. I had that on the side and DH had bread and butter pickles.

Back
Top Bottom