Dinner Thursday 7th February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight for dinner we had Jamie Olivers Lamb Kofte and we also made some curried vegetables to go with it :)

There is a big separation between the food as we didn't want the curry sauce mixing with the kofte, but we ended up dipping it in anyway :yum:

P1000993.JPG

I have 2 pork shoulders in the fridge that will get cooked today for pulled pork bbq. If it's ready by suppertime we'll have that. If not, I'll think of something else. I usually use the crockpot but I think it's too big for mine. I've not done it in the oven before so not sure what I'm going to do at the moment. Got the rub mixed up and I'll pull out the crockpot and see how well it fits.

I would have had to dip, too :)

Tonight will be sliced pork loin and something. Maybe breaded and fried, so I can make a gravy.

I have spaghetti with meat sauce left over from last night. We'll have that again. Bertolli Marina was on sale at safeway. Princessfiona, I think the word is out. I got the last two bottles on the shelf or I would have stocked up.

I ended up putting the two pork shoulders in the big roaster at 300° F this morning. They are smelling good. I hope they are done in time for supper. I went to get milk this morning so I picked up some hot dog buns and we'll have chili dogs if the pork bbq is not ready.

Re: Kylie’s dinner—
"There is a big separation between the food as we didn't want the curry sauce mixing with the kofte, but we ended up dipping it in anyway

Pac says -- "I would have had to dip, too

I say, there is a time when double dipping is Legal. This is one of them. :yum:

As for me, I am spelunking today. Leftover baked beans and some freezer meatballs doused with BBQ sauce. Green beans with leftover garlic mayo.

Thanks Snip and Steve, it was really quite tasty :yum:

Whisk, Pac...yes, double dipping was certainly legal last night, lots of lovely curry sauce mmmmm

I only get to cook a few nights a week, with this evening master gardener class :neutral: About two more months to go. They have a hospitality committee and feed us during a break - usually snacky stuff during the Thursday class. The Monday class is in a different city and they always serve something hot - soup, chili, meatballs. So we'll see.

DH will probably have leftover pork chile verde. Or we have burgers and dogs in the Omaha Steaks package we got for Christmas. He's on his own ;)

Have a hankering for Korean takeout, so it's bibimbap and bulgogi tacos

This is a repost from the Wednesday thread - it actually belongs here!

Today it was salmon with a marmalade glaze (for TB, I can't have it) then topped with chopped tomatoes and spinach baked in the oven. I made brown rice and served some cucumbers on the side.

It was simple and yet really delicious! It looked pretty too. I have to get that camera into the kitchen. But we usually have to eat right away so TB can get to work and so I forget.

OK, I'm with you now, LP.

I'm changing my plans midstride anyway. The recent reading of "steak salad" has me thinking in grilling those pork loin chops and turning one of them into a grilled pork salad.

OK, I'm with you now, LP.

I'm changing my plans midstride anyway. The recent reading of "steak salad" has me thinking in grilling those pork loin chops and turning one of them into a grilled pork salad.

Now that sound like YUM! I am putting my leftover salmon from lunch into my salad tonight. There wasn't much left, just enough to jazz up my greens! :)

Jazzin' up da greens! :chef:

I just turned a couple small potatoes in future fronch fries. They are soaking in cold water losing starch right now. I'm going to fry them using the cold oil method.

White Pasta Fagioli topped with fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses

img_1237175_0_2d59d40dc2751bc981f00b4644c77a99.jpg

Change of plans at our house. We're going out to dinner. Now to decide between a restaurant that specializes in steak and seafood or one that has TexMex.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom