Dinner - Thursday 7th June.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Regallion

Cook
Roasted herby chicken, broad beans with onions & bacon. Some kind of potato - maybe I'll roast em with the chicken.

Bottle of white plonk - a Sav Blanc of some description.

DH is on a diet after a fortnight of family get-togethers and celebrations. So will be planning some mezes like tonosalata, tzatziki and horiatiki salata with some added garden picked purslane along with pita bread.

I'm trying something new. I'm making a curry sauce made out of fresh ginger root, coconut milk, curry paste ect. I never made a curry sauce from scratch.

I'm thinking of cooking up some shrimp and strips of boneless pork chops, strips of different colored peppers and serving it with the sauce. All over rice.

Last edited:
Wow! Dinners sound wonderful today!

DH and I have been trying to eat healthfully for a few weeks now, so tonight I will grill chicken that's marinating in olive oil and garlic. I'll top it with a tomato feta salsa made with diced plum tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, red onion and a little crumbled feta.

Don't know what side dish, maybe cous cous? maybe orzo.

It's Karate night here which means DH and DD mow the grass while I take DS to class. My time to read or go to the grocery store.
We'll be having Spaghetti Pie with leftover spaghetti and salad in shifts.

We have an end-of-soccer-season picnic to attend, so it will be hotdogs, hamburgers, baked beans and whatever else people bring. We're bringing the beans.

We are having some dear friends to dinner tonight. They are just so excited to have the chance to present their granddaughter to us. She is several days older than our Olivia and we are looking forward to meeting this cutie.
Sooo, dh brought home a beautiful beef tenderloin last night and I put it into a red wine marinade,with chopped onion,evoo,parsley,thyme and rosemary,garlic,salt and pepper. Will bring it out later and grill..Making a parsley,garlic, butter to top the slices with..twice baked potatoes with crumbled bacon,cheese,sour cream, butter..A shrimp,crab salad, roasted asparagus with evoo and shaved parm on top...Had some homemade dinner rolls in the freezer so will have those..Dessert tonight? Lemon float pudding wish me luck this is a first time:LOL:
kadesma

I made a chocolate chip torte today for the first time lol. It didnt turn out very well at all. It tastes like a dense sponge with chewy chocolate :eek:/. But I covered it with rich thick chocolate buttercream, which is a nice flavour, so the torte should be fnished with happy faces!! Anyway lol, yeah, Im having mince wraps tonight with chocolate torte for dessert! :eek:)

Flourgirl said:
Wow! Dinners sound wonderful today!

DH and I have been trying to eat healthfully for a few weeks now, so tonight I will grill chicken that's marinating in olive oil and garlic. I'll top it with a tomato feta salsa made with diced plum tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, red onion and a little crumbled feta.

Don't know what side dish, maybe cous cous? maybe orzo.

Flourgirl, I have been trying to eat healthy as well. Your chicken dish sounds delish (made me think of a chicken bruschetta recipe I like). Can you share your recipe? TIA.

This morning, on The Early Show, I watched a quick demo from Williams-Sonoma, on braising - fish & veggies - halibut and clams. Went to WS site to look at the Portugese Clam & Sausage Stew. Here's a couple of links:

CBS News - Breaking News Headlines and Video from CBSNews.com

Williams-Sonoma | Recipe View

To make a long story short (too late, HA), I have a taste for clams. Sooo.. if I can't get all the ingredients today, it will probably be linguine and clam sauce and a caesar salad.

Last edited:
mish said:
Flourgirl, I have been trying to eat healthy as well. Your chicken dish sounds delish (made me think of a chicken brushetta recipe I like). Can you share your recipe? TIA.

This morning, on The Early Show, I watched a quick demo from Williams-Sonoma, on braising - fish & veggies - halibut and clams. Went to WS site to look at the Portugese Clam & Sausage Stew. Here's a couple of links:

To make a long story short (too late, HA), I have a taste for clams. Sooo.. if I can't get all the ingredients today, it will probably be linguine and clam sauce and a caesar salad.
Thanks for the link Mish, that recipe looks wonderful.Will have to give it a try and soon...If you get to it before I do, please let me know what you think.

kadesma:)

I have to work tonight so the guys have a choice of grilling them some burgers and making some fries or eating some leftovers (stuffed jumbo pasta shells).

I am going to the dentist this afternoon so at this point I have no idea what I will be eating for dinner.

A neighbor brought over some lamb stew last night and it is in the refrigerator now.

mish said:
Flourgirl, I have been trying to eat healthy as well. Your chicken dish sounds delish (made me think of a chicken brushetta recipe I like). Can you share your recipe? TIA.

Hi there Mish,

Thanks for those links! I've been searching all over for healthy recipes, I like the Eating Well website too.

So funny that you mentioned the bruschetta chicken, because this one is a variation of that, only with a Greek flair.

It's not a recipe though, just dice some plum tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, chop basil and toss together with some red vine vinegar, salt and pepper (or balsamic). Grill the chicken breast, then when it's served, top with the "salsa" and a little crumbled feta.

I think this would be good with fresh sweet corn cut right off the cobb and mixed into the salsa.

Happy eating!

Flourgirl said:
Hi there Mish,

Thanks for those links! I've been searching all over for healthy recipes, I like the Eating Well website too.

So funny that you mentioned the bruschetta chicken, because this one is a variation of that, only with a Greek flair.

It's not a recipe though, just dice some plum tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, chop basil and toss together with some red vine vinegar, salt and pepper (or balsamic). Grill the chicken breast, then when it's served, top with the "salsa" and a little crumbled feta.

I think this would be good with fresh sweet corn cut right off the cobb and mixed into the salsa.

Happy eating!

Hi. I thought it sounded familiar. I marinate the chicken breasts in Italian dressing, broil and top w diced romas, red onions, garlic, basil (or spinach) leaves, chunks of mozzarella, & more Italian dressing & servee with angel hair or linguine, pesto & more diced tomatoes. Like your idea of using feta. Thank yiou. I've been eating salad (& fruit) till it's coming out of my ears. j/k I like fruit & veggies. Will go check out the site. Thanks again.:chef:

Last edited:
I'm using some leftover rotisserie chicken to make chicken taco salads. We'll have fresh, local strawberries for dessert. They're so good and sweet they're perfect all by themselves! :)

Breaded chicken breasts (sauteed, then baked), probably mashed potatoes or potatoe pancakes, and one other veggie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom