Dinner Thursday 7th March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A gallon bag? :ohmy:
I freeze my pulled pork in 1 cup portions :LOL:

I'm feeding more than myself Pac! Between DH and the yungun (24yo son) they can put away a lot of pulled pork. That said, this will still make more than 1 meal for us. Last time I made it, I had 2 pork butts for a total of almost 15 lbs. Still have a bag in the freezer too.

Yeah, but still... that's a lotta pulled pork :pig: :LOL:

I just took a couple fatty, bone in pork chops out of the freezer. I'm going to pan fry them. There will be gravy :yum: Like Snips, I've GOT TO start using up some of these potatoes that I bought.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 164
The best of intentions have gone seriously awry here. I intended to let the family have left over curry beef stew and I was going to have something light and healthy. Then I visited the "weird food" thread and got caught up in the sauerkraut and mashed potato's idea. Now we are having that with some bratwurst. BTW, that is NOT weird. Kraut and mashed potato's are foods of the Gods. Cravings totally got the better of me today.

We got the salad bar at a very popular out of town restaurant: heavily mayonaissed vegetables and bean dishes, and an outstanding French onion soup.

looks really good. i love pork souvlaki. and it needs to be a little fatty.

one trick that i've mentioned before is to save lamb fat from leg o lamb or from frenching racks and use it to flavour cubes of pork and beef by marinating them together before making souvlaki. the fat in the beef and pork seems to pick up just enough of that lambey goodness to give it a deeper taste.

looks really good. i love pork souvlaki. and it needs to be a little fatty.

one trick that i've mentioned before is to save lamb fat from leg o lamb or from frenching racks and use it to flavour cubes of pork and beef by marinating them together before making souvlaki. the fat in the beef and pork seems to pick up just enough of that lambey goodness to give it a deeper taste.
Nice idea....

Back
Top Bottom