Dinner Thursday 9th May 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are making a pork mince bolognese with ciabatta cooked on the griddle pan :yum:

Tonight was fettuccine with sauteed garlic, red bell pepper, and asparagus, topped with Parmigiano Reggiano.
Brownies and vanilla ice cream for a late dessert.

i'm taking my boy to get his hair cut today, then if there's time to get dw a mama's day gift.

since it came out so good the other night, dw requested that i grill some chicken breasts with the turkish rub that i posted a few days ago.

I'm out of ready to heat up meals, so must create a new batch of something....thinking of a soup, and judging from what's in the pantry, it looks to be potato soup.

I went to the farmer's market this morning and got some of the first locally grown asparagus of the season!

I even made it past the Amish/Mennonite pie people without caving in! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Tonight is a boneless rib eye and asparagus cooked in milk, butter and freshly ground black pepper!

I'm brining some poke chops for the grill. I'll whip up some mashed potatoes and a veggie to fill out the plates.

We're going to have a chicken pot pie. The chicken is already shredded and ready to go. I'm going to flavor the gravy with some saffron to kick it up a notch.

Baked a 3 pound 5 ounce rye bread to go with tonight's corned beef.

Attachments

• 8May13a.jpg
    8May13a.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 186
Baked a 3 pound 5 ounce rye bread to go with tonight's corned beef.

Beautiful! Could you stick one of those in the mail for me? We have no bakeries/deli's where I can get a good rye. Makes a German girl very sad. Are Rye breads difficult? I'm a novice baker so rye seems like an intimidating project.

Breakfast for dinner.
Gonna make some flapjacks and grits :ermm:

Bacon and eggs! What did you think? :LOL:

Made tomorrow's planned dinner tonight: Italian sausage, baby peppers, onions and potatoes, all cut/cubed up and roasted in a hot oven. Was going to go for Day Two of leftovers until I heard tomorrow's high temp could reach 80! :ohmy: Not the kind of weather to run the oven at 450 degrees. From the looks of the pan we'll have more leftovers for tomorrow - unless Himself keeps taking "just a little more". :chef:

Spelunked some vintage broccoli cauliflower soup.

damn, your fridge or freezer must be cold...

and deep - (sorry, paraphrasing a guy joke)

i slept late, so dw went out of her way and opened a bag of salad, a jar of sauce, and boiled some pasta. enough for her and my boy, and a forkful or two for when i got up. :ermm:

then she complained that "my" downstairs kitchen needed to be cleaned, and i hadn't finished cleaning "my"downstairs bathroom. grrrr.

so i'm hoping to pilfer something from the overnight "up to the minute" news catering table tonight.

if not, i'm gonna hit up a 24 hour diner or puzza joint. maybe a reuben and fries maybe chicken parm and pasta.

Last edited:
damn, your fridge or freezer must be cold...

and deep - (sorry, paraphrasing a guy joke)

i slept late, so dw went out of her way and opened a bag of salad, a jar of sauce, and boiled some pasta. enough for her and my boy, and a forkful or two for when i got up. :ermm:

then she complained that "my" downstairs kitchen needed to be cleaned, and i hadn't finished cleaning "my"downstairs bathroom. grrrr.

so i'm hoping to pilfer something from the overnight "up to the minute" news catering table tonight.

if not, i'm gonna hit up a 24 hour diner or puzza joint. maybe a reuben and fries maybe chicken parm and pasta.
Before or after work you might check out Murray's.

Back
Top Bottom