Dinner Thursday April 3/2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Hey all, my connection to DC has been a bit spotty this week but it seems to be all fixed today. What's on the table tonight?

I'm leaving a cute little chicken done in the clay baker. Stuffed with onions, garlic and rubbed with lemon and herbs, sitting on carrots, taters and more onions. There is a salad to be had and some sauteed veggies too.

Last edited:
I picked up a boneless pork loin on sale Saturday. I'm going to cut a couple of chops off one end then slice it open jellyroll style and stuff it. I have mushrooms, shallots, red bell pepper, cheeses and maybe even some Genoa salami or pepperoni. Some combination of these will make a stuffing.

I ended up having some pasta with melted butter, parmesan and fresh ground pepper, with some Greek salad on the side.

Andy, YUM!!! We had a tenderloin the night before last, but I just rolled it in peppercorns and tossed it on the grill. (I don't care if there IS still snow out there, we're BBQing!)

And oops...its Thursday not Wednesday. Sorry all.

Andy, YUM!!! We had a tenderloin the night before last, but I just rolled it in peppercorns and tossed it on the grill. (I don't care if there IS still snow out there, we're BBQing!)

And oops...its Thursday not Wednesday. Sorry all.

Thanks, Alix. I ended up using pancetta and parm with the veggies I mentioned. Now I have to work on sides.

I'm thinking ABTs in the oven and twice baked potato.

I would love to do them on the grill Alix, but it's still under a pile of snow.

I was going to make Pad Thai but my shrimp were frost bit. And we both really had a craving for BBQ so we did some strip loins I got on sale and was saving for the weekend.

Sides were Greek salad, avocado slices and mushrooms piled on the steaks.

It was yummy!

Beer can chicken. Besides the rub I may put some BBQ sauce on it, too.
The store had artichoke hearts on sale so I picked up a couple jars. I'll probably do something with one of the jars and some pasta for a side.

baked chicken. I was thinking mashed potatoes, but there seems to be plenty of room on the oven shelf, so baked it is. Corn or green beans on the side.

I'm thinking ABTs in the oven and twice baked potato.

I would love to do them on the grill Alix, but it's still under a pile of snow.
Well, that plan went out the window. I grated my finger while I was grating the cheese. It's a tiny cut, but I must have got a capillary, 'cause it took forever to stop bleeding. I don't want to do any more klutzing tonight, so we ordered Indian from a place we want to try out.

Well, that plan went out the window. I grated my finger while I was grating the cheese. It's a tiny cut, but I must have got a capillary, 'cause it took forever to stop bleeding. I don't want to do any more klutzing tonight, so we ordered Indian from a place we want to try out.

Whaaaat? Whatever happend to rub some dirt in it and get back on the horse? Or something like that. ;)

My little chicken is coming along nicely. That Greek pasta salad is in the fridge chillin'. And so am I.

Pac and the salad, chillin' in the fridge. COOL!

Pac's fridge must be bigger than my fridge. :LOL:

We had leftover sloppy Joe meat and rice with soy sauce from the new little rice cooker.

I saw pac's post of his wings a couple of days ago and then today we got our LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) magazine and they pictured of all things.....WINGS
So that's what we had. Tried their Japanese Spice wings. A pic is worth a thousand words as they say.
img_1355643_0_5cc5ea9b8f7651d959529f7d672db189.jpg

Whaaaat? Whatever happend to rub some dirt in it and get back on the horse? Or something like that. ;)

My little chicken is coming along nicely. That Greek pasta salad is in the fridge chillin'. And so am I.
So, I'm being a big baby. I still had jalapenos to cut. :ohmy: It took about an hour for it to stop bleeding. I don't like cooking with regular bandaids on my hands. I want the really water proof "quick healing" kind and I don't think it's a good idea to put those on something that is still bleeding a lot. I was also getting hungry, so, waiting for it to stop bleeding before I could finish the prep work... Just didn't appeal.

The Indian food was really, good. We will definitely order from them again.

Well, that plan went out the window. I grated my finger while I was grating the cheese...
Yee-Ouch! Hope the finger is better.

Got home from grocery shopping. Went to put the stash into the 'fridge and...where the crop am I going to put it??? :ermm: Four containers of leftovers out, groceries in. I'll never get the Cassoulet made! Anyway, I made nice spinach salads for us, then I finished the last bowl of minestrone and Himself was a dear and cleaned up the egg fooey yung and fried rice.

We had breakfast foods for dinner tonight. We had scrambled eggs, sausage balls, polenta with bacon and cheese in it, grapefruit and cut up Mandarin oranges.

I love breakfast dinners sometimes. In the mornings we are so busy so we usually have cereal, oatmeal, or polenta or grits with toast, applesauce, and fruit.

With love,
~Cat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom