Dinner Thursday Dec 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robo410

Executive Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Probably won't eat this till Sat night but am making turkey soup. It's a cold day (snow last night), and soup making seemed the thing to do, and it smells soooooo good. Have to eat at the job tonight and Friday.

Breakfast for dinner--veggie omlettes, bacon and English muffins. Needed something quick and easy because DH has a meeting and the little one and I are going to be out enjoying the snow.

have fun pab! our snow melted. :(

i think i'm making chicken parm tonight. if not, i also have pork tenderloins and a coupla chunks of beef tenderloin that need to be cooked.

the pork will probably get baked with onions, apples, and sage. or, if i have time, i'll pick up the ingredients for a stir fry and make steak kew.

soup sounds good, it's cold here but nothing like many of you are up against.
after the fact, just figured out what dinner will be with the below mentioned. Chicken and dumplings, with brocci-flower...oven roasted w/ rosemary/thyme/garlic/olive oil plus yukon golds that I'll cut in steak fries and cook in bacon grease on the stove, dh does love those.
Barb L's fun cake this time using lemon meringue inside, that'll make the man tickled purple:cool:It's time for me to stock up on many more of those white cake mixes, using the last of several today for this dessert:mellow:
Hey Bucky, guess what I made yesterday, complete with it's own label? yep, your house seasoning:LOL: and it is delish!
PS...sorry my hokey pokey pictures aren't very good, I tried so hard, they're so small:mellow:

Last edited:
great lefse, i'm glad you liked it. it's a good basic springboard for a lot of dishes.

My husband had been fishing, so we had trout (fried in butter with homemade bread and a salad). He cooked - he has a way with trout.

I wish we would get some snow here. We still have a bunch of rain believe it or not. I'm not use to seeing rain after late October. Tonight we are having cabbage and beef casserole leftovers.

well, I'm baking rugulach for this weekend's Hanukkah do, so dinner tonight will be just a warm red cabbage salad with bacon and feta... :chef:

I have Italian Beef cooking away in the slow cooker so it'll be Italian Beef Sandwiches with Pepperocini Peppers and chips for dinner tonight.

Hearty beef stew with potatoes, carrots, onions, and peas.

And homemade buttermilk biscuits from the freezer.

Mozart

Hamburger stroganoff from suziquzie's recipe in the ground beef thread--my boyfriend goes out with his buddies on Thursday nights, so that gives me the chance to eat the things I like and he doesn't. :)

often called cottage pie when made with beef

Or RR's take on shepherd's pie :LOL: I have a recipe of hers that uses hamburger that I really like. I didn't know shepherd's pie was traditionally made with lamb until now. I just figured it was something with mashed potatoes on top :neutral:

I'm having country cut ribs that I'm going to do on the grill. I'm not sure what else yet, but I plan on making some of Uncle Bob's cornbread, too (thanks, UB).
Just thought, I'll have some of that fried spinach with cajun seasoning I read about earlier today. Still need something else though..... :pig:

While I cooked nothing (!), I did support local industries and bought tubs of Swedish potato salad, Swedish beetroot salad and marinated garlic prawns for dinner last night. All very tasty, although the prawns I think were cooked and then put into the garlic as the two tastes seemed to be separate. Still gave me a warm feeling inside to know that I was supporting Perth companies.

Time to "eat down" the freezer again, so we're having eggplant Parmesan I put in the freezer in October. Glad to have the help of the freezer since I spent most of today working on a very complex window treatment design for a customer. I needed a break by the time it came to make dinner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom