Dinner- Thursday, January 5th, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marshall Banana

Assistant Cook
In order to immerse myself in the community, I'll take up the standard of the daily "what's for dinner?" thread for today, Jan. 5th.

I recently posted a tragic tale of woe in Culinaryland, and was held aloft by better people. Because of that, I feel a little renewed, and so can press on.

For tonight's dinner, I plan to continue working on, or finally succeed in making a cream sauce..., or in today's case, an alfredo-like sauce. I've tried this sort of thing before, and the sauce broke, but I believe it is because I let the cream boil, or become too hot, or any of several other things.

Today, it is simple: butter-melted, roasted garlic-added, salt, pepper, add cream and stir. While stirring, add sautee'd mushrooms, onions, spinach, leftover chicken; serve over noodles.

Simple, neh? I think the problems I've had before have stemmed from doing too much, or too high heat and feel successful already, knowing a little more than yesterday, even.

Fortunately, every one in the family (world?) likes pasta.

Thank you.

I am by myself tonight and have an icky digestive system, so I will be heating up some Beef Veg soup I made yesterday. Might sneak a cold beer in there just to make it seem like a party...:cool:

Don't know yet. There's ground chuck and whole kernel corn. I'll have to see what I come with....

For tonight's dinner, I plan to continue working on, or finally succeed in making a cream sauce..., or in today's case, an alfredo-like sauce. I've tried this sort of thing before, and the sauce broke, but I believe it is because I let the cream boil, or become too hot, or any of several other things.

Today, it is simple: butter-melted, roasted garlic-added, salt, pepper, add cream and stir. While stirring, add sautee'd mushrooms, onions, spinach, leftover chicken; serve over noodles.

Simple, neh? I think the problems I've had before have stemmed from doing too much, or too high heat and feel successful already, knowing a little more than yesterday, even.

Marshall, I use this one, or a very close variation of it, quite often and it always comes out great.
Quick and Easy Alfredo Sauce Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I haven't had fried wings in eons and tonight I think I will make some, Buffalo style.

pacanis said:
Marshall, I use this one, or a very close variation of it, quite often and it always comes out great.
Quick and Easy Alfredo Sauce Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I haven't had fried wings in eons and tonight I think I will make some, Buffalo style.

Yum, Pac! I've made this with the low fat neufchatel and skim milk, along with other stuff, and you're right, it's great.

Marshall, I think your sauce sounds really good!

Roasting some cauliflower, and will send some to Andy, as I know how much he loves it. Leftover pork roast.

Last edited:
Tonight's dinner is a pan fried boneless strip steak ( not real large) so I best watch it close and not over cook it. Nuked bake potato and some ranch type sour cream dip. Don't know what I was thinking. I bought TWO big bags of sugar snap peas at Costco before New Years. Sturdy little fellas. I could blanch and put a garlic butter sauce, or pan roast with garlic. I think I will just eat them raw with some more ranch dip. It's a glorious day and I made a pitcher of Ice tea. It's ok if it keeps me awake this evening. Going to start reading the Girl with a Dragaon Tattoo after dinnner while the movie is fresh on my brain.

Marshall, Welcome to the DC club !:chef:

I made a "just got home from work, don't feel like cooking anything big, kid friendly dinner." leftover chicken, diced pepperoni, diced onion, green and red bell pepper, a little garlic and italian seasoning, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, topped with betty crocker garlic drop biscuits. Guess who wouldn't try it.... the kid :ermm: he is eating canned ravioli. :LOL:

and I am new here as well, been dropping a post here and there :)

I made a "just got home from work, don't feel like cooking anything big, kid friendly dinner." leftover chicken, diced pepperoni, diced onion, green and red bell pepper, a little garlic and italian seasoning, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, topped with betty crocker garlic drop biscuits. Guess who wouldn't try it.... the kid :ermm: he is eating canned ravioli. :LOL:

and I am new here as well, been dropping a post here and there :)

If the "kid" is old enough to turn up his nose then he is old enough to get dinner on the table and cleanup once in a while! It may mean canned ravioli for two but, ya gotta start somewhere! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

If the "kid" is old enough to turn up his nose then he is old enough to get dinner on the table and cleanup once in a while! It may mean canned ravioli for two but, ya gotta start somewhere! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

He is 7, and the most he does is attempt at helping me bake cookies. By attempt I mean, he says "Mom can we make these cookies?" I start and he leaves to play :/

He's old enough. A man, a can and a plan!

Hrmm, well his birthday is in May, wonder what he will do when he opens his gift :D I really do want him to learn (and enjoy) cooking. I left home in my early 20's not knowing how to brown hamburger! I learned to cook from my ex fiance. He was in chef school and cooked for me 7 years... I watched and learned and now love it. :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom