Dinner, Thursday July 31st

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
breaking in the new Weber

BBQ chicken, Danny Gouldens Slaw, Garden herb potato salad & Corn on the cob

Cant wait to start

I ended up making chicken parm, lazy verzion, which ended up being more work than if I had just done it like a normal person.
Cut up the chicken in bite sized pieces, then made the tomato sauce w/ my fresh basil and oregano, added the chicken to it, mixed it w/ pasta, sprinkled it in mozz and parm cheese and broiled it a bit....
There goes thinkin for ya.... oh well.
I'm waiting for my jello.
:)

Chicken fried pork chops with onions, broccoli and cauliflower mix, mashed potatoes, coleslaw, sliced tomatoes/swt.Onions and garlic bread.
Funny, that's what I'm having too:LOL:

Marinated 3 huge ole boneless pork chops in Asian fusion dressing and chipotle raspberry viniagarett.
They get tossed on the grill.
May attempt noodles again but after yesterday fiasco with them and my complete lack of talent for said menu, I may just opt out, depends on how brave I am.
Brociflower already steamed and buttered and NYT bread that is left with only a slice or two available before hittin the heels, and a slice or 12 of the coconut cake with chocolate sauce drizzled. gotta wait for the man first though, it's been many a late night of late before we get to dine, last night, didn't happen at all, he got his dinner for lunch today, as home waaaaaaaaaaaaay too late.

Goulash, a pork steak, garlic bread..... OK, you can see that :LOL: And a cucumber, onion and green pepper salad you can't see.

Attachments

• goulash & pork steak.jpg
    goulash & pork steak.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 172
Babe do you have anyone checking up on you, you're being alone and sick so long has me worried... :ermm:

thanks you for your concern. i do feel just awful. just took a shower so i am pooped out.

the handyman is working next door to me, and i see him a couple times a day when he is on break.

i do have a friend in the park that calls me every other day to check.. my son lives about five minutes away and i can of course i can call him anytime.

none of this was helpful in middle of night when i had super bad low blood sugar ., couldn't have gotten to phone anyway.

my son bought me one of those alert things, if activated it will call him, 911 and my daughter. guess i better get batteries for it.

the cold and sore throat will pass. the low blood sugar does scare me, but have an appointment with doctor next week. just will have to watch it more closely. luckily i had a bag of marshmallows in the room when i went down. just sat there and ate em till it rose again. bummer though.

when one is old like i am, one tries not to need anyone very much, or they will stick you in a home. that would certainly kill me.

anyway thanks so much

babe:):)

aw babe, so sorry it's been so crappy....
come live with us, they can stick you in my home!!!!

We need to swap blood.... then mine will come down and yours will go up. Seriously though, I can't count the number of times someone in the ER has started their sentence with "Lately my blood sugar has been low for some strange reason....".
There usually is a link, maybe you should have a talk with your Dr. about it?

DH just called and won't be home until around 10ish.
So, if he's hungry, he'll get dinner otherwise it'll get wrapped up for him for lunch tomorrow.

Babetoo, I just read your post and suziequizie's too.
I agree with her. Don't go this alone if possible.
There are those around you who care about your health, you mentioned your son, the friend by the park and the handyman. Please make it known if you need help, I am sure they would be more than willing to come to your side if need be. I'm serious here.

yes they would all help me. but the older i get the more stubborn i get, i guess. just want to take care of myself.

sometimes the price for help is to high. does that make sense.

i am better and on the road to recovery. feeling sorry for my self so unloaded on you guys.

thanks

babe:cool:

yes they would all help me. but the older i get the more stubborn i get, i guess. just want to take care of myself. sometimes the price for help is to high. does that make sense. i am better and on the road to recovery. feeling sorry for my self so unloaded on you guys.thanks babe:cool:
as far as I know, a lot of why we're all here is to help. that may sound patronizing, not meant to, just saying please be smart, stubbornness can come later{{{babetoo}}}

babe, you can easily pass out - or worse, from low blood sugar, so please get those batteries installed. something that would have been a minor thing if handled quickly could turn into a lot worse of a situation if you delay.

dw developed severe hypo-glycemia before having the baby. (now it's mostly gone, thankfully)

it got to the point where she was afraid to drive because of the "attacks".
she ended up eating a lot of small meals everyday, and always carried
oranges and energy bars with her at all times.

the "lots of little meals' idea helped a lot, so maybe you could try that to regain your energy.

ok, getting back on topic: we had sushi/sashimi for dinner, with salads, gyoza, and cold soba noodles.

as far as I know, a lot of why we're all here is to help. that may sound patronizing, not meant to, just saying please be smart, stubbornness can come later{{{babetoo}}}

lol , you are right. abel my handy man came by to see how i was doing. nice of him.

just went on line and added about 30 dollars worth of cold stuff. i never know if it helps or not.

part of the problem last night was the quick acting insulin. dr and i need to discuss it more i think. when i administered the shot blood sugar was just over 150 , that he counts as managed.

usually i have a snack before bed. didn't and set my self up. i'll be good i promise.

sorry this is in the wrong thread, thanks for all your help.

babe:ohmy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom