Dinner, Thursday June 19th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Well, it depends if anyone is going to be here for dinner. If it is more than DH and I it will be stuffed flank steak with broccoli salad, baked potatoes and carrots.

If it is the two of us it will be pork chops in fruit sauce with the broccoli salad.

Not sure. DD got really sick late this morning. It was like a switch flipped, fine one minute and a 102 degree temp and really tired and achy the next. She's sleeping right now, which is really unusual, and I'm pacing (I dont' do well when she's sick, after she had such a rough start as a newborn).:rolleyes: Since DH works late again, I"ll probably just do eggs and toast for Sofie and me.

t-bones i found in my freezer with pierogies & creamedspinach. cantelope fer dessert.

I have beef short ribs in the Crockpot, covered with BBQ sauce. We'll finish them off on the grill, along with some peppers and onions that I will mix with couscous and a vinaigrette.

Lemon pepper shrimp, brown rice, steamed asparagus. Something decadent for dessert.

We're going out to an Italian steak house tonight...so I'm thinking red meat...filet mignon or veal. I cooked a Thanksgiving dinner for Father's Day so I am white meated out.

Not sure. DD got really sick late this morning. It was like a switch flipped, fine one minute and a 102 degree temp and really tired and achy the next. She's sleeping right now, which is really unusual, and I'm pacing (I dont' do well when she's sick, after she had such a rough start as a newborn).:rolleyes: Since DH works late again, I"ll probably just do eggs and toast for Sofie and me.

Watch the temp! If she suddenly fell asleep it could be because the temp is going up. Childrens Tylonol works great, it is even what they give out in the ER too.

We had chicken wings. Tried a new recipe. They came out really good. Had those with a red kidney bean salad and some homebrewed iced tea.

Poor Sofie! I hope she's feeling better soon. My two year-old grandson has some barfy, low-grade fever, whiny, hasn't eaten in three days kind of virus. I hate seeing kids sick.

Well, we had Rosemary-Orange sauced pork medallions (Niman's ranch pork--sooo good), roasted baby Yukon spuds with olive oil, lemon zest, garlic, lavender salt, and tossed at the end with halved Sun Gold cherry tomatoes and flat leaf parsley (from my garden), and Blue Lake green beans. Yummy. Fresh strawberries and French vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom