Dinner Thursday June 25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I will be fixing a hearty salad; romaine and ruby leafed lettuce, spinach, garlic, a lonely radish, parsley, and red onions from the garden, grilled chicken, avocados, hard cooked eggs. Will probably make a chokecherry vinaigrette dressing.

What are you thinking about for supper?

Not sure yet. My daughter's High School Graduation tonight. I'll probably eat in town...no real good choices there, though.....If it is over early enough I may come home and just have some late night snacks like bruschetta, cheeses, marinated eggplant, and olives...mmmm. I think I just convinced myself to come home and eat....

Making this again

003.JPG

https://mykitcheninthemiddleofthedesert.wordpress.com/2015/05/08/another-atk-recipe-baby-back-ribs/
(from my blog)

DH really liked them so I'll try them again and stress out over it this time.

Roast new potatoes
Watercress salad
And pork chops with a savoury shallot, mushroom and anchovy sauce

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Pat's Beef Croquettes, Colcannon and beans. The Croquette recipe comes from a cookbook called The Emmerdale Farm Cookbook. It is based on a long running soap on TV, one of the storylines, in the 80's I think, was that the villagers were releasing their own recipe book. This was also done in real life. It sounds a bit twee but there are some good basic recipes in it.

The croquettes are a good way to use left over roast beef.

Great Little smoker

I found this at Home Depot, It is for a gas BBQ and fits perfectly between the flame shields. You soak the wood chips for about a half hour, close the lid and drop it between the flame shields
Z

Z

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
That little smoker thing worked great last night for our grilled dinner!

Tonight was a one pot wonder on top of the stove from memories of my childhood. Sliced onion halves with fingerling potatoes sauteed in butter, and then salted sliced cabbage added to the pot, and wilted. I added a little white wine to steam it all till tender, and placed browned veal Bockwurst on the top, finishing with a couple of Tablespoons of sour cream and sprinkles of dill.

img_1427040_0_612ac7a6d9e56206cc0306abce93e617.jpg

I'm making the lemongrass and ginger chicken that cronker posted recently.

Change of plans. On the spur of the moment I made a blueberry pie this afternoon and didn't feel like cooking. We did Chinese takeout for dinner tonight.

I ate leftover pork schnitzel meatballs and pasta. Also had peanut butter cookies that I made for dessert. And appetizers. Heh.

Beth, that salad looks nice and colourful!

Yum, nice pics kgirl, Wyshie, Beth, and Kay! :yum:

Glad you're little smoker gadget worked well, Kay and Souschef - some smoke sure does add a nice flavor to grilled meats and veggies.

I nibbled on a bowl of the pasta veggie salad from a couple of nights ago before I threw the rest away. The magic was gone. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom