Dinner Thursday June 5th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The border will be having chunky soup and grilled cheese which I have all ready for him to heat/grill when he is ready. DH and I will probably either wait until we get home and heat up some leftovers or get something on the way if traffic is too bad. I have promised DD I will take her some Mickey D's to the hospital tonight so we may just do that on our way into town and go straight up to visit her and her BF (He is admitted, she isn't).

pizza (store bought) and left over chicken wings. handyman will be here for dinner.

babe:chef:

I'm a Professional Handyman, and NOBODY, I mean NOBODY ever invited the handyman for dinner (except DW). He must be real special. What am I doing wrong wrong? :(

Joe

Joe she has to feed him or he doesn't show up!!! :)

No baseball, made hot dogs..... the kids all fell asleep watching Deadliest Catch.

I thought I'd join in on the fun! I read everybody's menu every day and decided I'll start posting mine. I hope you don't mind.

We're having chicken kabobs marinated in Italian dressing and grilled zucchini, mushrooms, red and yellow bell peppers. I will also be grilling some pineapple as ds requested it.

Barb

Barb, everyone is welcome to join in - don't be shy! Welcome to DC. This is a very friendly place with lots of generous people. I've learned alot here, and I'm sure you will too.

BTW - I've given up on making dinner. After sorting recycling all morning (can you imagine what unwashed plastic milk jugs smell like after being in a plastic bag in the hot sun all week?), DH and I decided to go to our favorite taco place for dinner. Yum.

I've given up on making dinner. After sorting recycling all morning (can you imagine what unwashed plastic milk jugs smell like after being in a plastic bag in the hot sun all week?), DH and I decided to go to our favorite taco place for dinner. Yum.

Tonight I made tomato, garlic and anchovy sauce over radiatore pasta, and peanut butter mashed sweet potatoes.

Store bought pizza. Was looking forward to having a nice slice of banana cream pie, but kids dumped it on its side bringing it in, perfect ending to a perfect day.

Oh, it was still in its case luckily. DW put it back together and we had some, I was just frustrated cause I went thru four stores before I found one that had a fresh made with real whipped cream banana cream pie. And it was the last one left. Everyone else had coconut cream pies.
I was just having a bad day today and feeling frustrated.

Yummy! fattening! fried chicken strips from the deli; rice and peas. (my nephew & I are on the same page with this menu... I like pretending that I'm eleven!) Another day of labor in the yard - too tired to cook anything more involved than boiling water... not very inspirational, I know, but I'm honest! Wine, of course - I'm drinking a meritage from Cali. Game One of playoffs. GO LAKERS!! (mmmm - banana creme pie....)

...then we made Smores in the micro for dessert. ..
babe:rolleyes:

I saw on TV yesterday how to make them on the grill. layer the graham cracker, chocolate, marshmallow and graham cracker, wrap in foil, put on the gill and close the lid.

Might try this next time I'm grilling.

I saw on TV yesterday how to make them on the grill. layer the graham cracker, chocolate, marshmallow and graham cracker, wrap in foil, put on the gill and close the lid.

Might try this next time I'm grilling.

What we have done at our youth camps and it works really well, is to take a double layer of foil, cover it with as many graham crackers as you want (4 x 5 for 20 seems to work well), and have them right up against each other. Then put a large marshmallow, on a flat side, on each cracker. Sprinkle the whole thing with chocolate chips liberally and cover each with another cracker. Cover with another double layer of foil and fold the edges together to seal well. You can put this on the grill (turn them once), or even in the oven, and they turn out really really good. It is how to make s'mores for a crowd because there is no limit to the number of packs you can make and they don't take long until they are ooey, gooey, good!

Actually, I think the topic was s'mores! :LOL: Or at least that's what it became. Thanks, I will certainly look for that issue! Or I may just fool around and try to come up with a s'mores cheesecake of my own!

Back
Top Bottom