Dinner, Thursday May 15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Constance, I went to O'Charley's for lunch too - must have just missed you.;) I had the California chicken salad (1/2) and iced tea.

Well I followed the instructions from cooks illustrated for "slow roasted beef" using round eye roast salt the roast 24 hrs before. before cooking rub oil and pepper brown all sides and roast at 225 (my lowest setting is 260 so I put it there) until internal temp 115 turn off the oven and leave roast in until 125-140 depending on desired doneness. I just barely hit the 140 mark and it was perfect. Only deviation from the recipe was I used my CI DO instead of a wire rack and just made a "rack" out of onion rings. Did this because I used it for browning and dont have a wire rack and I hate my roasting pan (and becasue I just like using the thing)

anyway... never made a roast beef before so I am happy it came out great. Great recipe easy to follow and basically foolproof.

thin slice on the diagonal

Served with some curried root vegetables and a salad w/asian influenced vinagrette.

all this meat is totally new to me so I am always excited when it comes out like I know what I am doing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom