Dinner, Thursday May 15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
I'll get us started today so we can catch the early-birds :)

It is going to rain again today so I need some comfort food: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn, and maybe some biscuits.

For dessert I'm going to try another new cake mix cookie.

And what are all of you planning for tonight????

Geez Dave dinner already?!?! I can't decide on breakfast yet!!!
It will have to be very quick and easy. 8 yr old has his 1st baseball practice of the season at 5pm. I hate when they do that right at dinner time!!

Geez Dave dinner already?!?! I can't decide on breakfast yet!!!

Oatmeal with real maple syrup and brown sugar.... oh wait dinner..

I make a weekly meal list so I know at least the main dish if not the whole meal. It started doing this when I realized we were eating a lot of pre-packaged dinners or always running out to get take away and spending too much $$$. Things do change during the week and sometime I switch or have more leftovers than planned and McGyver something new out of them ;)

I've gotten to where it is part of my Sunday morning ME time, since cooking is something I enjoy I have fun with making the list.

I need to start getting a meal list together. I never know what I am having.
That's all I have to say at this time, because I have no idea what I am having tonight.

planning on a pizza tonight, no knead dough/crust and fresh spinach, garlic and mozz cheese. might leave the carrots off....probably a bit of parmesan, olive oil and touch of salt.

but that is a long way off and the sun is out and it was not supposed to be, and I was going to clean the house, but i'm going outside:)

I make a weekly meal list so I know at least the main dish if not the whole meal. It started doing this when I realized we were eating a lot of pre-packaged dinners or always running out to get take away and spending too much $$$. Things do change during the week and sometime I switch or have more leftovers than planned and McGyver something new out of them ;)

I've gotten to where it is part of my Sunday morning ME time, since cooking is something I enjoy I have fun with making the list.

Wow, McGyver is sure becoming popular at DC!! :LOL:

I try to make menu plans for the week, or even month, but things always get in the way of keeping it on track.

DH and I both have doctor's appointments this afternoon about an hour's drive away and we seem to have a sick puppy on our hands so the roast that wasn't done yesterday will be on hold again and I think we will end up picking up a rotisserie chicken with the fixings when we get back to town.

Well... what's for dinner..that's a good question.

I wonder if Paul will settle for a bowl of cereal?

Pasta with Italian sausage (sausage has peppers and onions in it ) Artisan bread topped with mozzarella cheese. Dessert is Pistachio pudding.

Well, I stopped by McDonald's for a caramel sundae. I'm a sucker for those. They are small but I can only eat half of one. Today, for whatever reason, they had a free southern style chicken sandwich. Who can beat that deal?:LOL: I hain't cookin' for nobody tonight!

kids will have leftovers, I'll have a salad or something after baseball, not enough for everyone.

oh my, the pizza is in the oven and its looking pretty good. Ended up mixing some chevre, mozzarella, fresh chopped garlic, freshly ground black pepper, salt, oregano. sprinkled that mixture around the dough, then topped with a lot of wilted spinach and a sprinkle of olive oil.....can't wait....

i'm gong to try a roast beef recipe I saw in cooks illustrated while I was visiting mom last weekend... my first roast beef! LOL I lived with a vegetarian way too long (actually I still do but this one is not my problem)

I ended up working late and then had errands to do so I was running WAY behind today :w00t2:

The meatloaf is finally in the oven and the potatoes are ready to cook.

The cookies will have to wait until tomorrow but I did decide to make the orange / pineapple ones.

PHEW.. what a day..

going to make a stir fry with boneless pork chop and that darned left over rice. should be the end of it tonight. onions , soy peas, u know the drill.

if it cools off at all , will bake french choco.cookies with chopped cherries from cake mix.

babe:neutral::neutral:

We went to O'Charley's for lunch. We shared appetizers of chipotle glazed fried chicken and their spinach and artichoke dip, which came with a little cup of VERY hot fresh salsa.
Then Kim had a 3-cheese burger and I had grilled salmon, both of which were cooked perfectly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom