Dinner, Thursday Nov. 15?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
Since DH is going to be very late again tonight, I think that now that the rain has ended we'll escape the house and combine a grocery store run with a quick dinner out. Probably grilled cheese for the little one and a salad and soup for me.

I'm taking some homemade chicken soup and some dim sum dumplings for my dinner. The family will get to choose between potstickers and perohe for their dinner. They will have to make their own salad too.

Tacos. After 4 days of DH not home til 7:30 or later and hit or miss with these small people liking dinner, I'm taking it easy.

We had a nice lunch so will probably have some soup to go with the two corn muffins I had leftover.

Raining and dark here. Thought it sounds like a tomato soup and grilled cheese night by the fire.

Turned cold...again. It had been shirtsleeves weather the previous several days. So, to celebrate real fall weather, we're having New England clam chowder with big fat crackers. Probably not much else as the soup is pretty filling.

Poor husband stayed home from work today with a nasty hacking cough/flu bug. Since he'd normally rather eat worms & die than take a sick day, I know he must be feeling pretty darn crummy.

So, I've got a big pot of paper-thin onion slices just finishing up caramelizing on the stove for Julia Child's "French Onion Soup" - complete with toasted french bread rounds & grated cheese topping. It was the only dinner suggestion that made his little ears perk up with interest - lol!! Normally I'd serve this with a nice big green salad, but I think the soup just on its own will be best this time.

Left over venison soup with veggies and barley.
A little spicy but oh so wonderful.

I grabbed a gourmet sandwich for lunch while I was doing the shopping and appts but ended up not eating it, so that was my dinner! Seafood and salad on dark rye, with their own special dressing. Yum.

i brought up the last 2 shopping bags of tomatoes from this summer's garden, which by now weren't looking all that great. so i boiled, skinned, and made a simple garlicy tomato sauce, to which i added turkey meatballs.

i'm down to a final bag each of cubanelles and bell peppers, and a small bag of baby zucchinis and eggplants. i guess summer is finally over.
it was a good growing year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom