"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 05-01-2015, 11:23 AM   #11
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

It was Rob's birthday so we went out to a Brazilian steakhouse. He's been mentioning going to one again lately so I thought that this would be perfect for his birthday dinner. It was quite nice, great atmosphere and great food. The place sure does leave the wallet a little lighter!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:33 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Dinner Thursday, the last day of April

Those Brazilian steakhouses are really pricey. We took BIL and one of his now ex-wives to one outside of Chicago. The salad bar alone was a wonder to behold. And then we got the bill.

Happy birthday to Rob, BTW!

Old 05-01-2015, 02:53 PM   #13
Master Chef

A belated "Happy Birthday" to Rob, bc. I'm sure Rob enjoyed his birthday meal, even if your wallet took a hit. Now, then, did you bake him a birthday cake?

When we still owned Mom & Dad's house back in Cleveland, a Brazilian steakhouse opened to great fanfare. I figured I could take our daughter, Loverly, there as a thank you for helping out with the house. Then I heard the prices! Sure, it's all you can eat, but neither of us could eat enough to justify $39 per person. Lovely menu, great reviews, and now Brasa is charging $45 dollars. Basically what I spend on Himself and me for half the week's worth of meals.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:00 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

DH and I were just talking about how much the salad bar would be alone, gah! $30 for a salad bar! CG, this looks very similar to the one we went to.

We can't do justice to any "all you can eat" either.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:13 PM   #15
Head Chef

Grilled sirloin steak, lamb's lettuce and a potato recipe....(thinly sliced raw potatoes in a frying pan that has heated oil + butter - quickly turning to coat them then lid on and on low heat to cook through; turning occasionally)
Old 05-01-2015, 03:59 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
A belated "Happy Birthday" to Rob, bc. I'm sure Rob enjoyed his birthday meal, even if your wallet took a hit. Now, then, did you bake him a birthday cake?

When we still owned Mom & Dad's house back in Cleveland, a Brazilian steakhouse opened to great fanfare. I figured I could take our daughter, Loverly, there as a thank you for helping out with the house. Then I heard the prices! Sure, it's all you can eat, but neither of us could eat enough to justify $39 per person. Lovely menu, great reviews, and now Brasa is charging $45 dollars. Basically what I spend on Himself and me for half the week's worth of meals.
The one that we wet to is also called Brasa, but they don't seem related. It was $39 per person. The salad bar alone was $29! You could get a lobster tail added to your meal for their "platinum" dinner, that was $55!

The other one charges the exact same prices. This is definitely a special occasion place. Rob loves these places.

I didn't make him a cake we've had or fill of sweets this week and get to eat wedding cake tonight. Maybe I can take a candle to the wedding and stick it in his slice...

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:14 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Hmm. The one we went to was also called Brasa, as I recall.

Tags
dinner