Dinner Thursday, the last day of April

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
Could be an odd dinner tonight. It looks like guacamole, chips, and quelite soup as starters followed by popcorn with a Netflix movie!

Are you having dinner at your place?

Got the Egg cranking at 650F. Karen is prepping the dough and major ingredients. Pizza is in the program tonight.:yum:

DH is tennising tonight. I have leftover rotisserie chicken and leftover baked ham, and nary a green veg in sight.

Leftover chicken, a tired looking zucchini I found in the crisper drawer and the last of a batch of cucumber salad.

Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I will be having zucchini, onions, red peppers and garlic sauteed in butter. I'll be eating Dawg's veggies...

We went to our grandson's baseball game so dinner was some leftover sunshine potato casserole with kielbasa out of the freezer.

Pizza pics.
37240-albums1008-picture6215.jpg

Comments on the above in the Fiddlehead, ramp, morel, asparagus pizza thread.

37240-albums1008-picture6214.jpg

Tonight it was tomato soup and grilled cheese. For dessert we had some cranberry scones that I bought at a garage sale that the nuns in our town were having. Very good.

I made a huge pot of slow simmered meat sauce at a friend's house. The kids had pasta, we had it over spaghetti squash with a nice chianti. It was delicious fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made really good gravy from the roast beast pan drippings. Sauteed up a bunch of mushrooms, then heated the gravy and beef slices in it. Made mashed cauliflower (meh, we like the real potato better) and sauteed shredded Brussels sprouts with bacon. Everything is better with bacon. :yum:

It was Rob's birthday so we went out to a Brazilian steakhouse. He's been mentioning going to one again lately so I thought that this would be perfect for his birthday dinner. It was quite nice, great atmosphere and great food. The place sure does leave the wallet a little lighter!

Those Brazilian steakhouses are really pricey. We took BIL and one of his now ex-wives to one outside of Chicago. The salad bar alone was a wonder to behold. And then we got the bill. :eek:

Happy birthday to Rob, BTW!

Last edited:
A belated "Happy Birthday" to Rob, bc. I'm sure Rob enjoyed his birthday meal, even if your wallet took a hit. Now, then, did you bake him a birthday cake? ;)

When we still owned Mom & Dad's house back in Cleveland, a Brazilian steakhouse opened to great fanfare. I figured I could take our daughter, Loverly, there as a thank you for helping out with the house. Then I heard the prices! :ohmy: Sure, it's all you can eat, but neither of us could eat enough to justify $39 per person. Lovely menu, great reviews, and now Brasa is charging $45 dollars. Basically what I spend on Himself and me for half the week's worth of meals. :glare:

DH and I were just talking about how much the salad bar would be alone, gah! $30 for a salad bar! CG, this looks very similar to the one we went to.

We can't do justice to any "all you can eat" either.

Last edited:
Grilled sirloin steak, lamb's lettuce and a potato recipe....(thinly sliced raw potatoes in a frying pan that has heated oil + butter - quickly turning to coat them then lid on and on low heat to cook through; turning occasionally)

A belated "Happy Birthday" to Rob, bc. I'm sure Rob enjoyed his birthday meal, even if your wallet took a hit. Now, then, did you bake him a birthday cake? ;)

When we still owned Mom & Dad's house back in Cleveland, a Brazilian steakhouse opened to great fanfare. I figured I could take our daughter, Loverly, there as a thank you for helping out with the house. Then I heard the prices! :ohmy: Sure, it's all you can eat, but neither of us could eat enough to justify $39 per person. Lovely menu, great reviews, and now Brasa is charging $45 dollars. Basically what I spend on Himself and me for half the week's worth of meals. :glare:

The one that we wet to is also called Brasa, but they don't seem related. It was $39 per person. The salad bar alone was $29! You could get a lobster tail added to your meal for their "platinum" dinner, that was $55!

The other one charges the exact same prices. This is definitely a special occasion place. Rob loves these places.

I didn't make him a cake we've had or fill of sweets this week and get to eat wedding cake tonight. Maybe I can take a candle to the wedding and stick it in his slice...:ROFLMAO:

Hmm. The one we went to was also called Brasa, as I recall.

Back
Top Bottom