Dinner-time Blues Tue Dec 29, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiskadoodle

Executive Chef
I got the blues so bad
One time I woke up with my face in a permanent frown
But I'm feelin' so much better
I could cake-walk into town.
-- old Taj Mahal song

Ha ! I have beef stew just out of the oven and a pan of corn bread just started baking. Dinner in 20 more minutes. 'Tis a good thing I don't actually have to sing for my supper. What's on your plate today?

I cooked some hamburgers then drowned them in a pan of beef broth to simmer for awhile. I'll thicken the broth for gravy. Sides are going to be mashed potatoes and hominy.

Btw whisk I like that song. :yum:

What was suposed to happen is this: SO was going out with some girlfriends and I as going to have some chicken wings I found in the freezer.

Why DID happen is we've had snow, freezing rain, etc. all day today so SO's dinner got canceled. Sadly not enough wings for two. As a result I'm cobbling together a hamburg and veggie dish for our joint delectation.

Saw Taj Mahal at the Winnipeg Folk Festival a few eons ago! Awesome.

Thinking a pork leg sandwich at a friend's restaurant.

DH asked what he could do to help with dinner. I had a late lunch and he had none, so I suggested making big salads topped with sliced leftover prime rib from Christmas. He said okay, we went to the kitchen, and he said I was in the way, that he would take care of it. Well, okay then!

Ordinarily, he doesn't like chopping things for salad, but who am I to object? Nope, sitting here in the living room with a glass of wine. If he needs my help, he knows where I am ;)

Went for Japanese food and a movie with my Lunch Bunch friends today. Both the food and the movie were good, and the company even better.

For dinner tonight, I'll do some oven chicken wings, SC will have some rice and we'll both have salad.

Love Taj Mahal, I made sausage & mushroom pizza tonight.

img_1448958_0_4919155fba89f3f7aea552b20388d88b.jpg

I had good ol' down home fried chicken and fixin's. Hit the spot. :yum: Plenty of leftover chicken to nibble on the next couple of days.

Fabulous looking pizza, Joey!

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 222
Everyone's meals sound and look great.
GG, I only WISH DH would come into the kitchen to help...
well, at least he unloads the dishwasher now :cool:

I found this small casserole dish in the deep freeze marked "Chicken cordon bleu"... OH YEAH! I bought two of these suckers at Sprouts and roasted them both, but egad! They're HUGE! So we'll eat the second one tonight, reheated, with some steamed haricots vert with garlic and olive oil.

001.JPG

002.JPG

Have you ever seen a chicken breast that big? Golly Gosh!
I sliced it up nice and pretty, but all of the cheese had melted out, dang it!
I've got to figure out a way to make this dish myself, where the cheese stays put, dagnabbit!
Suggestions?

Brought a ham bone with us from ham we had back in OH...from a half ham that was processed in Canton, OH - about 15 miles from Loverly's place! :LOL: Made a pot of my Mom's Ham and Bean Soup. So much for a fancy birthday dinner for the kids ON their birthday. Well, they have the yummy memories from Saturday's Cajun dinner.

Leftovers from Christmas dinner. The rest of the prime rib went into the freezer for pot pie or hash or some other dish.

Tonight, we'll be using these, golden, white and pink oyster mushrooms, plus a few chanterelles in the left back corner.

37240-albums1008-picture6343.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom