Dinner time menu! 9/18/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kielbasa and baked sweet potato.

I had some kielbasa in this jammy. .. did a boiled dinner of 3 sausages I had in the fridge. I'm proud as it's the first meal I have done since getting out of the hospital.

Had Kielbasa, smoked beef sausage, and Turkey something or another, can't recall, just some big label name sausage.

In the pot(after cooking down with garlic, onion, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, thyme, crushed red pepper S&P, onion powder, gran garlic, chicken stock, beef stock, and I can't remember hat else. . . )

8002091739_a7aa27459d_c.jpg

Would have been great there, just soup it up in a bowl and be a happy camper. . .instead, I took some of the pot liquor, reduced it in a separate pan, finished with a knob of butter, and some toast points. Was SO pissed, I had GOOD bread, but it was moldy, and just not salvageable.

Here's what I ended up with:

8002105150_a909692074_c.jpg

Looks great Tatt! Glad you were feeling up to making that good looking meal! Sorry about the bread.... Such a PITA having to keep bread in the freezer to avoid it molding In a couple of days!!

Last edited:
Tonight's just a laid back night. Bacon, Tomato, Lettuce, & Avocado sandwiches on English Muffins. Fruit for dessert. Maybe some crackers with cambert if we're munchy later :)
I pulled a tendon in my foot about 3 weeks ago, & it's still healing, so I'm trying to stay off it as much as possible. Once it's all better, LOOK OUT! I'm itching to make fancier things :D

Well I hope your foot heals soon. I fancy some of those sandwiches for lunch today ;)

That's what I usually do too, but I want to try something else.

We usually have a salad of steamed veggies with pasta. Your salad looks fantastic. I love blue cheese dressing. I have never put anchovies in it before. I have anchovy paste I put in oil and vinegar dressings. Will have to try it next time I make blue cheese.

Linguine w/ clam sauce. I forgot to add the diced roma tomato in the first photo. I also found a quarter of a red pepper in the fridge so I threw that in last minute.

I had some kielbasa in this jammy. .. did a boiled dinner of 3 sausages I had in the fridge. I'm proud as it's the first meal I have done since getting out of the hospital.

Had Kielbasa, smoked beef sausage, and Turkey something or another, can't recall, just some big label name sausage.

In the pot(after cooking down with garlic, onion, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, thyme, crushed red pepper S&P, onion powder, gran garlic, chicken stock, beef stock, and I can't remember hat else. . . )

Would have been great there, just soup it up in a bowl and be a happy camper. . .instead, I took some of the pot liquor, reduced it in a separate pan, finished with a knob of butter, and some toast points. Was SO pissed, I had GOOD bread, but it was moldy, and just not salvageable.

Here's what I ended up with:
WOW!! Everything looks and sounds fantastic!!

Breakfast for dinner.

Breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs with pan-fried red potatoes and onions and Mexican blend cheese added to them, and biscuits

img_1187688_0_c42daf8e9ced7ef109fb4d0e817f7f14.jpg

We usually have a salad of steamed veggies with pasta. Your salad looks fantastic. I love blue cheese dressing. I have never put anchovies in it before. I have anchovy paste I put in oil and vinegar dressings. Will have to try it next time I make blue cheese...
This was the first time I made blue cheese dressing this way. It was very tasty. I usually crumble blue cheese into a vinaigrette and whisk until it dissolves. That's good too.

This was the first time I made blue cheese dressing this way. It was very tasty. I usually crumble blue cheese into a vinaigrette and whisk until it dissolves. That's good too.
I make my blue cheese dressing/dip with cream cheese, sour cream and blue cheese thats it. Sometimes I add crumbled bacon.

Back
Top Bottom