"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 05-24-2007, 05:30 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Just took some whole wheat dinner rolls out of the oven, the baked sweet potato is not done yet, DH will be late, don't know what else we will have, am off to water some in the garden, gosh is it dry, dry, dry here.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:11 PM   #12
Sous Chef

Greek-Style Picnic rice salad and burgers.

Live Strong
SurvivorGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:17 PM   #13
Assistant Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to bookworm
Quote:
I have a dinner meeting to go to tonight. I think I ordered the chicken ...
Now that's just sad.

I went to the produce market and picked up huge avocados and garden fresh tomatoes. I have romaine and onions and jalapenos at home so I think it'll be tacos for dinner. And no work tomorrow so my holiday weekend starts now.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:36 PM   #14
Head Chef

I made a big pot of chicken with celery, carrots, rice etc. and I will be having that for dinner.

I can freeze the rest for another time.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:23 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Cheese omelet roll and salad. Meatless night tonight.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:25 PM   #16
Head Chef

I'm cooking country style ribs, (yep the real one's, not the "country style ribs cut from the shoulder" that they usually sell around here). With black beans and some sort of green veg.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:33 PM   #17
Master Chef

Everyone's dinners sound so good this evening! We had grilled chicken with a balsamic/yogurt marinade, baked sweet potatoes, corn on the cob (yep, we did it too, kads! ) which was only so-so , and petite peas.

Beth, it's really dry here already, too! We'd re-seeded parts of the yard a couple weeks ago so we've been watering more than normal on top of it. I can't imagine what our water bill will be like this month.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:46 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Well, all the goodies are going to be had tomorrow..While I was blow drying my hair this morning,DH wrapped up everything,put it in the refrigerator..When done, he casually said lets go buy Ethans birthday present, so I put on a face,changed my cloths and off we went..Straight out of town to Half Moon Bay over by San Francisco..He had called ahead to Mezzaluna restaurant and we had reservations..So dinner was at 2 this afternoon and we had a hot dog for dinner, all eaten out and I didn't have to lift a finger...My dinner was so good, petrale sole with a butter,white wine,lemon and toasted almonds, tiny still cruncy but cooked green beans, and quartered and well browned red baby potatoes, plus we shared a ceasar salad first..It was so nice and quiet and something I needed.I'd had a big fat run in and over with my endo last week and had been really troubled by it..DH, felt I just needed to forget her and her little snide remarks and you know what? I did...I had decided what to do about her and I can now breath without feeling like I'm choking..YEA!!!!!
DH, Had pork tenderloin stuffed with smoked mozz and served with a white wine sauce and beautiful sliced mushroom, green beans and potatoes like mine..Right now, I'm stuffed and for the first time in a week at ease...
Thanks for listening..
kadesma
Old 05-24-2007, 09:57 PM   #19
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
Well, all the goodies are going to be had tomorrow..While I was blow drying my hair this morning,DH wrapped up everything,put it in the refrigerator..When done, he casually said lets go buy Ethans birthday present, so I put on a face,changed my cloths and off we went..Straight out of town to Half Moon Bay over by San Francisco..He had called ahead to Mezzaluna restaurant and we had reservations..So dinner was at 2 this afternoon and we had a hot dog for dinner, all eaten out and I didn't have to lift a finger...My dinner was so good, petrale sole with a butter,white wine,lemon and toasted almonds, tiny still cruncy but cooked green beans, and quartered and well browned red baby potatoes, plus we shared a ceasar salad first..It was so nice and quiet and something I needed.I'd had a big fat run in and over with my endo last week and had been really troubled by it..DH, felt I just needed to forget her and her little snide remarks and you know what? I did...I had decided what to do about her and I can now breath without feeling like I'm choking..YEA!!!!!
DH, Had pork tenderloin stuffed with smoked mozz and served with a white wine sauce and beautiful sliced mushroom, green beans and potatoes like mine..Right now, I'm stuffed and for the first time in a week at ease...
Thanks for listening..
kadesma
That sounds wonderful!

Live Strong
SurvivorGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:44 PM   #20
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
Salad: Baby greens mix with chopped hard boiled egg, shredded ham, shredded turkey, shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheeses, Thousand Island dressing, and cheese & garlic croutons.