Dinner Today? 5/24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we just had egg salad sandwiches for dinner but dessert will be angel food cake with strawberries! Yummmy!!!

Well, yesterday was a rather full day here, with one of my older dogs suffering from a suspected stroke, & then my car overheating on the way back from the vets. There's nothing like tearing along trying to reach home asap on an 85-degree day with steam screaming out of the hood & a sick dog in the back - lol!!

So dinner was an impromptu "throw-together" that actually turned out well. I cut a bunch of fresh asparagus into 2" pieces & tossed it with some extra-virgin olive oil in a 10" x 10" Corningware baking dish. I then nestled 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts in the center, leaving the asparagus pieces around the edges. Seasoned all with salt & black pepper, & then poured some prepared Knorr's Hollaindaise Sauce mix over the whole shebang & baked it in a 350-degree oven for 25 minutes.

The chicken was done perfectly as was the asparagus - tender, yet still with a little bite to it. Easy & fast - perfect for a weekday from you-know-where.

Edited to add that I also served some plain Minute Rice with it to help sop up all those lovely sauce/juices. And there's enough left over for lunch for me today - yay!

Last edited:
kadesma said:
Straight out of town to Half Moon Bay over by San Francisco..He had called ahead to Mezzaluna restaurant and we had reservations...My dinner was so good, petrale sole with a butter,white wine,lemon and toasted almonds, tiny still cruncy but cooked green beans, and quartered and well browned red baby potatoes, plus we shared a ceasar salad first.. DH, Had pork tenderloin stuffed with smoked mozz and served with a white wine sauce and beautiful sliced mushroom, green beans and potatoes like mine..kadesma

Kads, you dinner sounds lovely. Wanted to ask you more re Mezzaluna. I wanted to go to the one in BH (before all the neg pub), but never got to it. Are they owned by same people, I wonder? How did the rest of the menu look - sound good? How was the atmosphere (prob different from the one near me), & service? TIA

mish said:
Kads, you dinner sounds lovely. Wanted to ask you more re Mezzaluna. I wanted to go to the one in BH (before all the neg pub), but never got to it. Are they owned by same people, I wonder? How did the rest of the menu look - sound good? How was the atmosphere (prob different from the one near me), & service? TIA
Mish, I don't know if they are the same and I really hop not:wacko: But this place is near the water, nice looking..The menu was nice varied, but not so busy that nothing comes out a-one. This one was just enough to please everyone and for the chef to be able ot put together tasty and well prepared meals. It was lunchtime of course, but still quiet, low-key beach type clothes, jeans,sweaters, that kind of thing.The service was very good. the waiter, pleasant, made sure you had water and brought your drink order quickly, looked you in the eye when he talked to you..Never rushed or pushed. In all, very nice and I'd take the 1-1/2 hour drive over again any time:)

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom