Dinner today Wed. Sept.11, 2019 - "cosa c'e nel menu per cena oggi"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Recipes Make Magic

Senior Cook
From Linda's (nee Anselmo) Italian background:

We're having:
...'cotoletta alla milanese - (con porchetta, non vitello), e patate al forno croccante pecorino romano'....

oops - forgot ....'e anche I broccoli'

Last edited:
yes, breaded pork cutlets a la milanaise, crispy roasted small new potatoes with romano cheese, and broccoli.
The title says 'what's on the menu for tonite'.

I understand this was one of Sinatra's favorite dishes, (but with veal, not pork) and if it was good enough for Frank, it's good enough for me.
I also read that if the cutlets weren't quite done to Frank's particular liking, there was hell to pay !

I'll be doing some thick bone in pork chops in the sous vide at 140 degrees and finishing on the searing side burner.
Spiralized zucchini with herb butter and fresh chive mashed potatoes will be the sides.

I'll be doing some thick bone in pork chops in the sous vide at 140 degrees and finishing on the searing side burner.
Spiralized zucchini with herb butter and fresh chive mashed potatoes will be the sides.

I love all pork, particularly bone-in chops, and pork rack cooked on the BBQ spit.

As Emeril used to say; "Pork Fat Rules!"

Filet Mignon ; Quick-sear, all sides, then Air Fryer 11 minutes @400.... Baked (Nuked) small russet, Green Beans with Minced Onion and Bacon bits on a bed of Lefty Corn, simple Salad...

Filet Mignon.jpg

We went to TJ's and the liquor store. Dinner was a combo of pork bao buns and pot stickers along with some broccoli. Nothing from the liquor store for dinner.

This is the finished dish:

Not sure what Frank's reaction would have been upon:ermm: tasting this dish, but I don't think I would have wanted to try serving it to him in any event !

I thought it was pretty much OK good to me, though.

Being on the west coast with 3 hours time difference with you east coast folks, I feel I'm at a disadvantage posting pics of 'today's dinner'.

By the time I cook the dish, take a pic, eat it & clean up, get it up on the pc, and post it, why it's about 10:00 p.m. your time - that doesn't do anything to let you check it out & comment until the following morning, right ?

Attachments

• IMG_8795 Pork Cutlets with oven-roasted potatoes.jpg
    IMG_8795 Pork Cutlets with oven-roasted potatoes.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
I dunno, RMM, some of us are night owls (raises hand) and some of us are restless sleepers. You could be surprised at how many late posts you might get. BTW, that looks good.

We had garden salads, grilled steak and vegetables (zucchini, pale green pepper, and red onion), and mushrooms. I first sauteed the mushrooms in a wee bit of butter and OO, then finished them off with dry Sherry. :yum: Himself grilled the steak perfectly in spite of the fact that it was only 1/2 inch thick. I got to the butcher shop just as the cutting room had closed. The woman at the register, whom I had never seen before, insisted that I go home with a steak. After repeatedly saying "I'll come back", I gave in and told her that I wanted a piece about 1# and an inch thick. I walked out with a half inch thick piece just over half a pound. Thankfully, it was just as delicious as always.
IMG_20190911_205259439.jpg

Last edited:
Good looking dinners, RMM, Lucky, and CG....and also good sounding dinners here this evening! I had (again), a loaded up taco salad and didn't take a pic because I've posted them before and they look the same. :LOL:

RMM, on the other hand, lots of members here post their dinner pics the day after for whatever reason...sometimes pics are taken, but don't get uploaded until the next day. I love it when comments on a dinner thread carry over. :yum::)

Our dinner time is generally between 6-7:30 Pacific time. No big deal really.
The perfectly cooked SousVide chops were finished on the 12,000 BTU "Wilma"(grill side burner) and I decided on onion/Porcini Tri Colored rice instead of mashed spuds.

Great dinner if I do say so myself.

Attachments

• P9110039[1].jpg
    P9110039[1].jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 119
  • P9110040[1].jpg
    P9110040[1].jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 107
I dunno, RMM, some of us are night owls (raises hand) and some of us are restless sleepers. You could be surprised at how many late posts you might get. BTW, that looks good.
Some of us just don't get the opportunity to sleep at night. I am up and down with my Mom, so I typically stay up until 5:30 a.m. and get up at 9, take a nap from 11-1, and am up until she goes to bed at 10.

I don’t recall seeing a grill with a side searing burner like this. Curious as to the brand/model of your grill.

Me too - that sure is a different looking side burner than the ones I've seen, and the one I have.

It looks like it's really effective at browning well in particular.

Same question here - what's the brand ?

I don’t recall seeing a grill with a side searing burner like this. Curious as to the brand/model of your grill.

Me too - that sure is a different looking side burner than the ones I've seen, and the one I have.

It looks like it's really effective at browning well in particular.

Same question here - what's the brand ?

Hi guys. I love this grill, and in particular, the fabulous searing side burner. It makes life with my SousVide super easy and convenient. Wilma (Flintstone) is my pet name for it. I think it's the best feature I've ever seen for a gas grill. I see that the end of season price is sure less than I paid.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/kenmore-black-and-stainless-steel-4-burner-liquid-propane-gas-grill-with-1-infrared-side-burner/1000942242?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-sol-_-google-_-lia-_-119-_-grills-_-1000942242-_-0&store_code=1941&cm_mmc=src-_-c-_-prd-_-sol-_-google-_-seasonal_and_outdoor_living-_-MHLIA_SOL_Seasonal%20And%20Outdoor%20Living_High%20Priority-_--_-0-_-0&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv_aS-eXL5AIVvyCtBh3QZQW8EAYYASABEgIWsPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited:
I was reading the reviews and it seems a lot of people really like the searing burner just like you. It’s interesting that it’s a Kenmore that you can buy at Lowe’s. It used to be that you could only get it at Sears. Hope that it gives you many years of enjoyment. I would think that the dry air of California should make that possible.

My first gas grill is one that I still have. Bought it 20+ years ago for $500. Currently it’s taken apart because I need to refurbish it. Basically remove some rust, paint it and the bottom firebox. I love it because I can still get parts for it today. It will be my winter project. I have another grill just like it but a different color that I’m using right now. It’s also ~20 years old but the frame is in better shape. I got it for free on Freecycle. The grates, flavorizer bars were shot but easily replaceable for around $80.

I was reading the reviews and it seems a lot of people really like the searing burner just like you. It’s interesting that it’s a Kenmore that you can buy at Lowe’s. It used to be that you could only get it at Sears. Hope that it gives you many years of enjoyment. I would think that the dry air of California should make that possible..

You're right that grills last a long time in these parts with the dry air, and it's under a roof for when it does rain. We've had it a couple years now and I'm still loving it year round. I would never again have a gas grill without that magical searing side burner! Yabba Dabba Dooo.......it's so much fun to cook with fire! :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom