Dinner tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elinoar

Assistant Cook
Stuffed Eggplant
3 eggplants
Kosher salt
500 gr' beef thinly chopped
oil for frying
3 large onions, chopped
100 gr' pine nuts
1 C chopped parsley
1 teas each salt, pepper, soup powder, cumin, turmeric

Sauce

6 cloves of garlic, sliced
Olive oil for frying
1 can crushed tomatoes

Cut the eggplants into 1 cm (0.4 inch) thick slices, so that every 2 slices are attached to each other. Sprinkle salt on eggplant slices, set aside for 1-2 hours. Dry with paper towel. Fry the double slices. in oil, on both sides. Put the fried slices on paper towels to absorb the excess oil. Fry beef in oil until its color changes, and place in a bowl. Fry onion until brown and put in the bowl. Sautיethe pine nuts lightly, and place in the bowl . Add chopped parsley and the spices to the bowl and stir. Fill each pair of eggplant slices with the beef mixture and put in a Pyrex dish. In a saucepan, lightly fry the sliced garlic in some olive oil. Add tomatoes can, cook on a low flame
until the sauce thickens and is reduced. Pour sauce on eggplant slices .Bake in a moderate oven
for 40 minutes.

Enjoy. I will

Elinoar

Yummy. I love eggplant.

I'm cooking for 47 tomorrow.
If Paulie wants dinner tonight... he can order pizza or open a can of soup.

gonna be grilling it's so nice here ... doing all kinds of skewers in teryaki lime ginger marinade...shrimp n scallops w zucchini, pork and peppers, beef and onion, chicken and eggplant. making a sweet curry brown rice and having a couple hot Thai sauces to dip in.

not sure, we've eaten out or gotten take out from a restaurant 10 of the last 12 days, so i'm pretty sick of eating out. i know that doesn't sound right, but try it, you'll see what i mean. you need good home cooking.
that said, we'll probably have sashimi since it's friday, lol. i'll be sick of eating out tomorrow i guess.

Apparently I'm BBQ'ing tonight. At least when I light myself on fire I've got lots of snow to 'stop, drop and roll ' in.

Bucky, I hear you on the eating out deal. My first husband was in the hotel industry and we would live in the hotel for months every time we moved. The food was fabulous - but after a while, I really missed home cooking!

Tonight - its Friday - spaghetti probably. How many more weeks til Easter?

I think only 2 more Fridays Michelemarie.
We're going out to dinner with friends to night to a restaurant named Scoozis.We're celebrating their baby daughter's 6 week birthday- well actually the Mom wanted to leave the baby with Grandma and GO OUT to celebrate!!!

Too much running around today for me to even think of doing even a "quicky" dinner. Husband is going to pick up a pizza on his way home.

Michelemarie said:
VickiQ - is that a chain restaurant? If it is, I love it! We have one here in Chicago! Enjoy!
I don't think so- that's only part of the name of the restaurant- I don't remember the full name-we werethere once before and it was really good- My husband discovered Creamcicle martinis there-well he really doesn't remember much more than that!!:rolleyes:

VickiQ said:
I don't think so- that's only part of the name of the restaurant- I don't remember the full name-we werethere once before and it was really good- My husband discovered Creamcicle martinis there-well he really doesn't remember much more than that!!:rolleyes:

Creamsicle martini? Have one for me!

I dont cook on Fridays:) So it's take out pizza night for us, and some wine, beer. Elinoar, your eggplant recipe sounds great. I love eggplant, and your website is nice too.

corazon90 said:
dh is working another 48 so I'm contemplating if I should go get a pizza. Sounds really good but I don't think we can afford it right now. I should just eat at home.
Corazon- When my kids were little and my hubby put in a LOT of hours - I used it as an excuse to introduce them to things I had when I was little and couldn't get away with serving for dinner any other night- Jymm amd Dennis are 3 years apart as is Dennis and Kiersten so it was easy to have a cream cheese and grape jelly sandwich night or piggies in a blanket night or fried ravioli or english muffin pizza- we would watch videos of their choosing and eat in front of the tv- it brings back great memories now of spending that time with my kids enjoying old favorites. I hope you have MANY MANY of those memory making nights with Daddy home or not!!!Love and energy, Vicki

We're having kadesma's pork chops in onion sauce, asparagus with hollandaise sauce{for me only} green beans for the rest of them and maybe some rice.

Back
Top Bottom