Dinner Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trellison72

Assistant Cook
I plan on making a macaroni and cheese with ham chopped in it tonight for dinner and I am trying to figure out what to pair with it. The mac/cheese is being made with mozzarella, parmesan and fontina cheese and will have little chunks of cooked ham in it. So any ideas as to what to pair with this wonderful dish?

Bienvenue to DC, trellison -
I'd go with something sweet to balance the saltiness of the ham/cheese.
How about some nice watermelon chunks or a fruit salad? Also love peas with mac and cheese - jazz them up with some toasted almonds or something.

Crusty bread with some good butter never goes wrong with a meal.

trellison72 said:
I plan on making a macaroni and cheese with ham chopped in it tonight for dinner and I am trying to figure out what to pair with it. The mac/cheese is being made with mozzarella, parmesan and fontina cheese and will have little chunks of cooked ham in it. So any ideas as to what to pair with this wonderful dish?

Welcome trellison72.

I would make a green salad - mixed greens, cherry tomatoes (halved), sliced black olives, chopped onions, roasted sweet red peppers, marinated artichoke hearts, mushrooms -- whatever you have around. And, a cold pitcher of lemonade.

Your recipe reminded me of one I want to make over for a 'skinny' day.

Tuscan Mac 'n' Cheese

Back
Top Bottom