"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-08-2006, 09:28 AM   #1
Head Chef

Dinner Tonight 9-8

Going to PF Changs tonight. WOOHOO! How about the rest of you?

Old 09-08-2006, 09:38 AM   #2
Head Chef

I think spending so much time on DC is effecting me, lol. I am getting all my taste pleasure from reading right now, lol.

We have just moved to a flat where will be our Italian base for a month. There is a fridge from the '70s and cooker the same age which quite frankly looks scary. I'm going to avoid it. Too much cleaning to do and no interest in cooking (it was 36 degrees yesterday, but we have no air con or fans and it seems hotter in this flat).

as a result I'm going on strike. There is a pizza place 30/40 yards down the street. I'll get salad stuff tomorrow from supermarket, but its not worth stocking a larder, I am back to UK next week, and I know husband will eat at work. I hope we find a permanant apartment PDQ! So the choice for us really will just be what to have on our pizzas....I am going for one with a mountain of rocket on it I am sure.

Old 09-08-2006, 09:45 AM   #3
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu
I am going for one with a mountain of rocket on it I am sure.
What is rocket?
Old 09-08-2006, 09:54 AM   #4
Head Chef

Sorry, I was being english! rocket is what arugula is called at home!
Old 09-08-2006, 09:59 AM   #5
Head Chef

Quote:
Sorry, I was being english! rocket is what arugula is called at home!
Ahh, never had it on pizza.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:04 AM   #6
Executive Chef

Quote:
There is a pizza place 30/40 yards down the street. I'll get salad stuff tomorrow from supermarket, but its not worth stocking a larder, I am back to UK next week, and I know husband will eat at work. I hope we find a permanant apartment PDQ! So the choice for us really will just be what to have on our pizzas....I am going for one with a mountain of rocket on it I am sure.

Lulu, by supermarket do you mean "CO Op"? I became very fond of those last year while in Italy. That was, when we were lucky enough to find one open. I'd say every day for the week you're there, get a pizza Margarita and a spaghetti Bolognese with a bottle of wine. Every day do that, and I'll smile [from very far away from you] out of jealousy.

For me for dinner tonight, I'll get to Calgary Canada around 9PMish and think it'll be CattleBaron's for my late meal. Tomorrow night, I'll try Banff for dinner or Lake Louise. Any suggestions for either place from any Canadians out there? Please...................

Everyone, enjoy your weekend!
Old 09-08-2006, 10:12 AM   #7
Cook

We are having goulash, can't wait till its dinner time the whole house smells like goulash since noon...

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad...
adnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:13 AM   #8
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFSElover

Lulu, by supermarket do you mean "CO Op"? I became very fond of those last year while in Italy. That was, when we were lucky enough to find one open. I'd say every day for the week you're there, get a pizza Margarita and a spaghetti Bolognese with a bottle of wine. Every day do that, and I'll smile [from very far away from you] out of jealousy.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=pink]
Everyone, enjoy your weekend!

Do you know, I have not found a co op in walking distance anywhere we have stayed in Milan so far. The main supermarket here as far as I can tell is Esselunga (spelling?) although I have also been to PAM and Sma. I have seen one called Standa and the French supermarket Carrefour, which I am keen to see if it carries French stuff. But as soon as I find a Co Op I'll nip in and think of you!

Rucola/Rocket/Roquette/Arugula is great on a pizza. It also makes you feel less guitly because you can kid yourself you are having an open salad sandwich, lol. And it provides some much needed freshness and greens
Old 09-08-2006, 10:15 AM   #9
Head Chef

Its very nice here today, we are having grilled chicken breasts, garlic bread and Caesar salad with homemade dressing and lots of thick curls of parmesan cheese on top.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:25 AM   #10
Master Chef

TGIF..........Gonna sweet talk DH into taking me out to dinner.......won't take much sweet talking though . Not sure what I'm in the mood for though.

Had to come back and edit this..............totally had a blonde moment.....we're suppose to get together with 2 other couples tonight. I think someone mentioned cooking out. Guess I better call them to confirms. If so I need to hightail it to the store.