Dinner tonight. Fri. 5/17/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm doing a birthday dinner at home for the SC. We had a fancy lobster dinner out last night.

The man is crazy for ribs and with them we're having my pineapple salsa, Mexican street corn and roasted asparagus.
Rum cake and ice cream for dessert.

What's going on at your casa?

The pasta roller attachment for my KA stand mixer arrived yesterday, so I had to make some cheese ravioli with fresh pasta. The roller worked great, but I need to improve my filling technique. I think I know where I stumbled, and hopefully will get better results next time. Raviolis were quite tasty, though. I think I need an Italian nonna to educate me.

Dinner was b/s chicken breasts on the grill, marinated in bottled balsamic vinaigrette dressing, green salad, and ravioli in a home made marinara. I told Mrs. T that I would have been happy with the ravioli and salad, and she agreed.

Our grandson is here for a working weekend. He's a big fan of my pasta sauce so it's a regular when he comes. So it was grampy's pasta sauce with porcini over spaghetti and a salad. He's getting the knack of twirling his pasta onto his fork.

I had a big square of homemade lasagna from a couple of day ago - a green salad with Italian dressing for a side. The rest of the lasagna is portioned out in single servings for the freezer.

After tamping down my urge for Broasted chicken for weeks, I caved in tonight. Himself did the pick up run while I set out our plates and heated canned Niblets corn. Our other sides were jo-jo potatoes and pieces of cornbread.
IMG_20190517_210508298_HDR.jpg

I'm doing a birthday dinner at home for the SC.

The man is crazy for ribs and with them we're having my pineapple salsa, Mexican street corn and roasted asparagus.
Rum cake and ice cream for dessert.

We also had a great bottle of wine with our dinner. Although not expensive we discovered it on our cruise and ordered more bottles online for home.
DASHWOOD..Sauvigon Blanc from New Zealand. Good stuff. ;)

Attachments

• P5170007[1].jpg
    P5170007[1].jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 110
We had chicken salad sandwiches. DH had his on toast and I had mine on Wasa crisp bread. We had a side of tabouleh.

I was going to grill some chicken, but then got a craving for fried chicken, so I did that instead. I usually shallow fry chicken, but didn't want to deal with the mess, so I did it in the deep fryer. It was good, and I have some leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

CD

Last Night's Pink salmon filet with a Sweet/Sour Drizzle, Buttered Brown Rice, Sweet corn with Peppers, Salad under Robusto Italian Dressing.

Salmon Filet .jpg

If the ravioli were quite tasty, What is the problem? I'm an Italian nonna.
Hello Marigio

>Next time you can prepare short pasta with Italian ragù. It is excellent. Ragù cooked slowly for two hours. Yummy!!!
He will come to see you every week.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom