Dinner tonight Fri Dec. 4/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
What's cookin' or what was for dinner?

I'm doing a little pot of beanless easy chili I threw together. Toppings will be cilantro, cheese and avocado, and I'll blister some flour tortillas for the Sous Chef.

...I'm doing a little pot of beanless easy chili I threw together. Toppings will be cilantro, cheese and avocado, and I'll blister some flour tortillas for the Sous Chef.

Let me get this straight. For dinner you're having:

A little pot
Bean less easy chili
Toppings

Sounds good to me!

Last of the turkey and andouille gumbo, which Karen made as I had a very long job.:(

Leftover CP lasagna. DH finished up the Litl Smokies in sauce, and we split a nice pear.

Trying to make up for thanksgiving!

img_1446248_0_0353543844f5c29a2f7d7176f058b7d9.jpg

It's been a crazy busy Christmas-ing kind of day with my daughter and grandson, and I came home hungry late this afternoon. I threw together a burrito with what I had on hand.

Refried black beans, rice, sliced avocado, salsa, cotija cheese, cilantro, and a little sour cream in a stovetop blistered flour tortilla. I'll probably re-purpose several of those leftover ingredients for huevos rancheros for tomorrow's dinner. Or for a late breakfast - or both. :yum:

DH and I went out to a local Italian place for dinner. We split an antipasto appetizer. He had cheese manicotti and I had she-crab soup (a local specialty) and a caprese salad with house-made fresh mozzarella. Good stuff :yum:

Worked my magic on a Cooking Light recipe, Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Potatoes and Green Onions. Turned out good - no wonder, since in included a bit of bacon. :yum: Two veggie sides: caramelized carrots (because the roasting went a little too long :LOL: ) and roasted spaghetti squash.
(For the life of me, I cannot get the photo oriented right. It appears in my phone gallery and in both Dropbox links via laptop the correct way, but DC insists on showing it sideways. Harrumph, doesn't DC know that the food can slide off that way?)

Attachments

• 2015-12-04 20.33.45.jpg
    2015-12-04 20.33.45.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 194
Oh my gosh GG! The first time DH took me to the East Coast I had She Crab Soup and fell in love!

And this is award-winning she-crab soup! Mmmm, so good. Feast your eyes on their photo gallery: http://www.manninositalianbistro.com

Sign up for their newsletter where they describe their weekend specials - all three of their locations have different specials and I get great ideas for cooking at home from them ;)

And this is award-winning she-crab soup! Mmmm, so good. Feast your eyes on their photo gallery: Mannino's Italian Bistro

Sign up for their newsletter where they describe their weekend specials - all three of their locations have different specials and I get great ideas for cooking at home from them ;)

Be still my heart! That is gorgeous looking soup!
A nice big bowl of that, a green salad, MAYBE a dessert and you're set!

Be still my heart! That is gorgeous looking soup!
A nice big bowl of that, a green salad, MAYBE a dessert and you're set!

They're generous with the crab, too. I had the caprice salad - I would call it caprese, but apparently caprice is also authentic - with house-made fresh mozzarella and balsamic reduction for the dressing. I have leftovers for lunch. We passed on dessert because we had the antipasto. Mmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom