Dinner tonight? Friday 06 April 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you deliver, Frank? Looks wonderful!

Am in an extremely foul mood after doing taxes. We had scrambled eggs with bacon, asparagus and green onions. Nice and fluffy after I beat the heck out of 'em.

I do but the fuel surcharge is a killer... :mrgreen:

I would make the IRS man look like yer bestest friend... :LOL:

Fresh Cod with mashed potatoes and sauteed cabbage.

As I am typing this I read one of the above posts with smashed potatoes and will now probably make those.

Fried cod, stuffed artichoke, Caeser salad with homemade dressing and warm crusty bread

img_1126918_0_5590cebb0fa17b7d14ca49a482566efc.jpg

img_1126918_1_d4d368618cfcfcb9b45974e7c6c717c3.jpg

We will be having the beef Stroganoff that I didn't have time to cook last night. Roasted vegis as a side and potatoes of some sort for DH.

I looked all over the internet for a recipe I liked for the Stroganoff, but I like best is the one in Joy of Cooking, 1975 edition.

Well, it tasted good. :LOL:

I heated the sour cream too much and it turned to liquid. :ermm: So, the sauce was runny. DH said it still tasted better than the stuff he had in a fancy restaurant on our honeymoon.

Next time I might try making it with cheaper meat than beef tenderloin.

The roast root vegis were overcooked, but still tasted good.

We weren't so fond of the roasted cauliflower and zucchini. It was even the light coloured zucchini that everyone says tastes better. They were okay, but I probably won't be making either one again.

The roasted potato came out really good according to DH.

Following a long walk, I totally ruined some nachos. Nuked smashed kidney beans and cheese over Tostitos, with too many Vlasic pickled jalapeno slices. DH thought they were fine, I found them almost inedible.

Dinner was steak on the grill with leftover risotto from last night. We're hosting Easter dinner tomorrow, so I was trying my best to not mess up the kitchen.

Thank you!

BTW what did you stuff the artichokes with?
Slivered fresh garlic and mozzarella in the leaves.
Then highly seasoned bread crumbs with fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses added to the crumbs. Then sprinkled over the top of the opened leaves.

Slivered fresh garlic and mozzarella in the leaves.
Then highly seasoned bread crumbs with fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses added to the crumbs. Then sprinkled over the top of the opened leaves.

Tanks I will keep that in mind next time I see some good ones in the market and I have time to fix them.

Back
Top Bottom