Dinner tonight? Friday 06 April 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm taking a serving of enchiladas out of the freezer and SO is having a salad in a taco shell with chicken.

I did my take on:

Steven and Chris | Arbequina Olive Bucatini

I didn't have spaghetti...didn't add chicken. I am thinking this would be nice with anchovies/paste. It is very, very good. I used 1 whole preserved lemon. No salt, but it is salty. I used parm, I didn't have the cheese used. I did have cilantro, but not as much as the recipe used. Waiting to see what the DH thinks of it. He probably won't like the olive pits...

Attachments

• April pics 004.jpg
    April pics 004.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 171
Haven't a clue. DH's plane gets in at 7:20 pm. We may just stop somewhere on the way home from the airport. If he's too tired, I may just heat up the leftover spaghetti.

Since it is quite a bit chillier than it was, we are going to bake the Calzones for a casual dinner and I am preparing a Minnestrone Vegetable Soup ... This afternoon, we had lunch out at a typical Apulian Trattoria ...

Margi.

Off to the market to check out the shrimp and crab for "Frogmore Stew" - baguettes, and Strawberry shortcake from the bakery.

Having family over for one of 3 easter dinners. Going non traditional tonight with ribs, lemon garlic prawns, smashed baby potatoes, mushrooms, asperagus and salad with lemon blackberry cheesecake for dessert.

I am making a ginormous pot of black bean soup for the family dinner tomorrow, so I will be taste testing the soup tonight.

I will make some cornbread to go along with it.

We will be having the beef Stroganoff that I didn't have time to cook last night. Roasted vegis as a side and potatoes of some sort for DH.

I looked all over the internet for a recipe I liked for the Stroganoff, but I like best is the one in Joy of Cooking, 1975 edition.

Sloppy Joes on whole wheat buns. A handul of chips and there is vanilla ice cream and sliced strawberries for later in the evening.

Pizza:

30377-albums858-picture4707.jpg

FrankZ said:

Do you deliver, Frank? Looks wonderful!

Am in an extremely foul mood after doing taxes. We had scrambled eggs with bacon, asparagus and green onions. Nice and fluffy after I beat the heck out of 'em.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom