Dinner tonight, Friday Dec 7, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well today was my eldest cat's 21st birthday so my cats and I celebrated with a piece of tuna fillet between us. (Their pieces were just plain, mine had wasabi, pickled ginger and a soy dipping sauce as accompaniements.) The birthday girl enjoyed her pieces of fish hand fed to her but was less enthusiastic about my rendition of "Happy Birthday", which, as she is half-deaf, I thought was a tad insulting!! ROFL

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole.

I'm too sick to make the real deal. :(

it`s a beef and onion soup with meatballs in it, I`ll do some hot bread to dip with also.

I got the soup base done and the meatballs gently frying whilst I type :)

perhaps we'll just go out to dinner, the old friday night date night thing, we'll see how we both feel later on when it's dinner time

happy 21st birthday to the kitty and hope suzie feels better soon

we went to Mexican and had our usual stuff there, needed to be out of the house, it's been raining and I've felt like a shut in

Last edited:
Well, I had this big chunk of Q'ed Boston Butt left over....Now it's Chili!! Ooooo it's smelling gooooooooood! I think I will have a bowl (or two) of that tonight!

Enjoy!!!!!!

It's turned warm again. My windows are open the and ceiling fans are on.

Tonight it's crab salad and a couple of Ritz crackers.

I'm in charge of cooking for the homeless tonight and need to feed about 30-50. I will making meatloaf with mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans and tossed salad with cookies for dessert.

I think I'll finally get around to making that French onion soup that I've been craving.

I'm in charge of cooking for the homeless tonight and need to feed about 30-50. I will making meatloaf with mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans and tossed salad with cookies for dessert.

That sounds like a great meal, jabbur, and I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated!:)

I was planning on making salmon cakes with a lemon sauce, rice pilaf and green beans, but what was supposed to be a quiet day has turned out to be quite hectic and aggravating so far, so it may end up being pizza night!

:clap:don't know who will be blessed more, them, or you:flowers:
I think I'll finally get around to making that French onion soup that I've been craving.
don't forget to add the dry vermouth;)
That sounds like a great meal, jabbur, and I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated!:)I was planning on making salmon cakes with a lemon sauce, rice pilaf and green beans, but what was supposed to be a quiet day has turned out to be quite hectic and aggravating so far, so it may end up being pizza night!
One of my mans very favorite meals, sounds wonderful. I love making lemon sauce, it goes on almost everything really nicely.

jabbur, I'm convinced you'll be giving them more than a hearty, warming meal but the inner warmth which comes from knowing people care about them. M\y your work be blessed.

We had cod fillets baked in a buttered casserole topped with breadcrumbs mixed with olive oil, herbs and lemon juice and a sprinkling of grated cheese and baked til topping was crisp. Served with broccoli and a few new potatoes rolled in some tartare sauce.

it's just me and I had plenty of carbs (pasta w/tomato and macapone cheese) for lunch so for dinner it's smoked chicken and leek au gratin

Not sure yet, either pizza or grilled cheese and soup. Been putting up Christmas decorations - this grandma's tired. Plus my 3 yr. grandson is spending the night ! :)

Update, we had Pizza !!!! Yummy

Last edited:
Bless you jabbur,
I hope ole Santa leave a little somthing special in your stocking this year:)
Think I'll just do pork chops with asparagus and couscous tonight. That should be quick and will leave time to decorate the house a bit.
John.

French chicken in a pot (from CI's Jan/Feb Issue), Caesar salad, hot bread....

Whole chicken cooks for 1.5 to 2 hrs at 250 after browning on both sides, with just a spattering of aromatic veggies, in a very tight pot at the lowest oven shelf setting. The juice in the pot is strained and defatted and passed with the carved bird.

Too easy not to try;)

Back
Top Bottom