"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-10-2008, 02:10 PM   #11
Master Chef

We are going to ATTEMPT beer brats. I think he will do okay if they are blended.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:11 PM   #12
Head Chef

Got some really nice N.Y. strips from the butcher this morning .. that will go on the grill
later with just some salt ,pepper, garlic and a little evoo ...
Also picked up a fresh loaf of Italian bread that will be used for garlic bread ..
with that i am thinking twice baked potatoes .. and a tomato mozz. and basil salad ..
no idea about desert yet ..

Old 02-10-2008, 02:36 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

new mini crock-pot

have chicken thighs , peach pineapple salsa on top of it in crockpot
jasmine rice, cooked in my new rice cooker. veg? dessert is left over warm lemon cake.

had the cake last night for my daughter in law's bday dinner. it was a super big hit. i think i can reheat in micro.

babe
Old 02-10-2008, 02:45 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

I have a pot of Italian sausage gravy going,I sauteed mushrooms,garlic, lots of yellow onions, parsley, marjoram dried porcinis and added back their broth, crushed tomatoes, beef broth and it's simmering away will put it over some creamy polenta, there is some lovely asparagus I found so that I'll roast with evoo and grey sea salt, salad is a platter of sliced avocados on top of butter lettuce then topped with crab salad, garlic parmesan bread and desseerts chocolate covered frozen bananas or nutella,ricotta,mascarpone, in a piece of dough like a calzone with a straberry sauce to top it and powdered sugar..That's it for this day..Happy Sunday everyone.

kadesma
Old 02-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #15
Senior Cook

To heck with my inlaws and the clam chowdah, etc, I'm coming to your house for dinner

"Culture is what your butcher would have if he were a surgeon."
Mary Pettibone Poole
Ask-A-Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:54 PM   #16
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFSElover View Post
Last night, this is where we ended up. It was fun, busy, too busy actually, but good.It's either in Venice or Marina Del Rey or Santa Monica, depends on who you ask.
Tonight the man will have reruns as I am gone. I'll grab a total veggie on whole wheat from Subwayman and call it a night.
So what are you concocting tonight? What'll be on your table?
Happy Sunday to you all.....................
Nice menu, LEFSElover. Everything I like. What did you order, how was the service, would you go back again? Any dishes you would recommend? Noticed you fly around quite a bit & dine in different cities/states. If it's okay to ask, are you in the airline industry? What a treat that would be, to visit/dine at diff restaurants around the globe. I'm in your neck of the woods, & there's so much to pick from (restaurant-wise), it would be great to have restaurant reviews from the members here. Please keep us posted on the fab restaurants you visit & your personal input.

Would love to see a catagory for DC members' reviews of restaurants all over the world.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:22 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm thawing pork shoulder that was cooked with homemade tomatillo salsa in the crockpot; I'll make colorful enchiladas with peppers and onions out of them and serve with Mexican rice and guacamole.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:05 PM   #18
Master Chef

chili & snacks like cheese nips.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:18 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Just the classic steak, baked potato, salad - I think I'll caramelize some onions, mushrooms, and green pepper to serve with the steaks though. BP's will be loaded

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:16 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask-A-Butcher View Post
To heck with my inlaws and the clam chowdah, etc, I'm coming to your house for dinner
If you mean me, come on, there's more than enough..Just wipe your feet at the door..I just mopped

kadesma