Dinner tonight, July 28th, Monday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I posted it in the new frugal (cheapskate) recipes forum...
Tortellini in sage butter.

yup. I have some in the freezer I dont remember what its stuffed with....

We're having asian style beef short ribs tonight with grilled vegetables.
I've got some fresh okra from our garden, so I think I'll try grilling some of that also.

I have a migraine... if it goes away I'll make lamb...if not.. Paul gets to open a can of soup!

YUM! I'm having leftovers that I froze about 3 weeks ago! Pork chop and some kind of greens ( I can't remember what :rolleyes:). and then I'll make a salad. It's pretty humid here, so it's nice to have a good meal without cooking. ;)

I have a migraine... if it goes away I'll make lamb...if not.. Paul gets to open a can of soup!
I should toss you the other half of the Motrin 800 I just took for mine too.
Sorry you're not feeling well, hope it gets better.
Do you do Imitrix [sp?] at all?

Yesterday on the drive home, I stopped at Von's and got stewing beef. don't know why it sounded good to make a beef stew for dinner. hubby asked what that was about as it's so hot and beef stew is a cold weather blustery day type meal. I told him I went in Von's for fish and came out with cubed beef.:huh: what's a girl to do?:wacko:
I really want to make the cassoulet as I bought yet another treasure yesterday that I DIDN'T need... > a 4qt. IQ oval baker in light yellow at a garage sale for $5. Anyone have any information on this cookware that only says IQ on the bottom stamped?
Like where it’s from or what the origin is? TIA

also at Von's picked up a big container of smoked ham hocks, now all I need for the cassoulet is the duck or goose or both.
for now, I'll concentrate on tonights dinner, still..................:mellow:

Not sure... we are going to Carrabba's for a complimentary 4 course wine and tasting thingy. I can only hope it will be delightful for a free meal!!!

Tonight we're eating from the crock pot...chicken, mushrooms, garlic with angel hair pasta. Yummy! Hey, does anyone know any good crock pot recipes? I feel like so many of them that I've tried are very mediocre.

to cheeseisgood

here is one that I have found helpful.
if you go to this page, you'll find two different places on this page for crockpot recipes
also there are others on DC here go into soups stews and casseroles, I think there's a sub thread for crockpots in there. lots to choose from

We're grilling some kielbasa and will have it with cheese and potato pierogies from Trader Joe's and caprese salad. I know, they don't quite go together, but we have lots of basil and the romas are coming in now.

I changed mine a bit...
I didn't have as much tortellini as I thought so I stretched it out a bit with some elbow macaroni and frozen peas.... still good!

grilled pork tenderloin, grilled asparagus, roasted red potatoes and a Greek salad. A
Skinny Cow for dessert (ice cream sandwich)

I ended up breading turkey tenderloins in ritz cracker crumbs highly season with self rising flour and a cream and double yolk egg wash and fried in butter, rice and pasta pilaf with thyme and butter, a scrambled egg tossed into it at the end, green beans with butter and garlic and rosemary, chocolate tortas for dessert with vanilla creamy oozy custard sauce falling all over them and the NYT bread and gaelic butter from TJ's.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom