Dinner tonight, May 22, Thursday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
1. Herbed cream of potato&pea soup. {all my herbs from the garden just sitting on top of the preparing soup}
2. Boneless skinless sliced breast of chicken fried lightly then tossed in sweet/sour/hot/butter sauce. {the sauce is Dave's or is it Durkee's hot sauce, butter, pineapple/apricot jam, rice vinegar, cooked together}
3. Battered then breaded cauliflower-ettes, then fried in butter.
4. Bucatini in butter and parm cheese.
5. Vanilla pudding with chocolate chips.

What are you making for dinner tonight?

I think just some sandwiches. My son has baseball practice at 5, he doesn't get home from school til almost 4, and we need 20 min to get there. I hate speed dinner night.

I don't know yet but I have garlic roasting in the oven, probably will use it for something , either garlic butter for corn on the cob , or spread it on bread for garlic bread.

I don't know yet but I have garlic roasting in the oven, probably will use it for something , either garlic butter for corn on the cob , or spread it on bread for garlic bread.

Yum LC, I think I could just eat the garlic alone for dinner! :LOL:

I have a ton of garlic cloves from outside too, that I need to do something with. I am going to take your lead and put some of them in the oven while I'm readying for my dental apt. Smart thought. Plus, the house'll smell delicious!
Been stockpiling butter too so with some of it, I'll make a compound butter then freeze that, maybe I'll also add some of the herbs in the yard to make it even better, thanks for the idea!

DH is going on a 4 day weekend for Memorial Day....he has requested lasagna so i guess I'll oblige....he is so spoiled...

I have to work tonight - my office is helping to organize a grilling competition/fundraiser, so I'll get something to eat there. They're supposed to have just about everything - beef, pork, chicken, fried turkeys and fish, and all the fixin's. Should be interesting :)

I have a ton of garlic cloves from outside too, that I need to do something with. I am going to take your lead and put some of them in the oven while I'm readying for my dental apt. Smart thought. Plus, the house'll smell delicious!
Been stockpiling butter too so with some of it, I'll make a compound butter then freeze that, maybe I'll also add some of the herbs in the yard to make it even better, thanks for the idea!
You're quite welcome ! :)

Yum LC, I think I could just eat the garlic alone for dinner! :LOL:
I haven't eaten garlic for dinner but I have eaten it just roasted . I also plan to make garlic dressing with the roasted garlic and maybe garlic mayonaise.
I have to use up the abundance of garlic , still uncooked. I even cooked some this morning with home fries.

I haven't eaten garlic for dinner but I have eaten it just roasted . I also plan to make garlic dressing with the roasted garlic and maybe garlic mayonaise.
I have to use up the abundance of garlic , still uncooked. I even cooked some this morning with home fries.

How do u make garlic dressing??? I have always wanted to know! :chef:

Some of Emerils Sausages on a sandwhich with cole slaw, fries, tomato and some ketchup.

I love that idea of making a garlic salad dressing.
I have 3 crowns of romaine that need using up so tonights the night for that too.
So, I'd do about 5 roasted garlic cloves, thankfully mine are done roasting, in with olive oil, I'll use pineapple vinegar, salt and pepper, parm cheese, dehydrated onions and a small amount of grey poup. If needed, I'll finish it with just a titch of lemon juice. I like dressings to be balanced with acid and creaminess.
creamed spinach over biscuits
gad that sounds good:)

Everyone has their favorite , this is my favorite. I like the fruit in the balsamic vinegar.

3 Large cloves garlic, unpeeled
3 tb orange infused Balsamic vinegar
2/3 c Olive oil
1/4 ts Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 ts Salt

The garlic: Roast the garlic on a griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally until blackened in spots and soft, about 15 minutes. Cool, then slip off the skin. Or you can roast the garlic in the oven @ 350 degrees til soft.
The dressing: Combine the garlic and the rest of the ingredients in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth. Taste for salt. Cover and store at room temperature. Makes about 3/4 cup.

Last edited:
I had chicken and slippery dumplings for lunch today. I've got to get me a chicken in a pot and make some more :) Especially if it's going to be cold like it has been.

mmmm, creamed spinach sounds great. Can you make that with canned?
:LOL:

I'm having grilled pork chops tonight. Probably with baked potatoes, though I am really craving mashed.... I just don't know how to make gravy without pan drippings... so baked spuds it will be. I need my sour cream fix anyway. And broccoli.

Back
Top Bottom