Dinner tonight, May 30, TGIF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Since I have to get up soooo early, I'll get you all concerned about dinner tonight.

I'll be having bbq. What it'll be? If I have my way it'll be bbq chix sandwich with cole slaw and bbq beans.

How bout the rest of y'all?

I'm baking my first NYT bread today. That's all I know.
If there's any left after "testing" I need to think up something to go with it!

It's looking like it's going to stormy tonight....

So We'll be drinking Dark & Stormys with Gossling's rum and ginger beer.

I'm making 3 pizzas:
1. Sauteed mushrooms, oven poached eggs, sauce and cheese
2. Olive & pepperoni, sauce and cheese
3. Three cheeses, sauce and fresh garlic

Just a simple meal of Pasta with garlic and oil, and crusty artisan bread. Angel food cake with fresh cherries and whipped cream for dessert.

Wowza! Well most of your dinners sound wonderful as usual. I will say that I'm hugging a certain person that wants the week to be over. Where were you when I was crying all day Wednesday and yesterday was awful too? ;) We could have stewed in our own juice together.{{{pdswife}}}:-p
Cuban sammies, love them, NYT's bread, love that stuff, my suggestion is to use more salt and yeast then called for, < I always do, the pizza ideas are always great, I made them Sunday as I recall and they were stupid good!:ermm:Ladycook, I love any and all kinds of pasta with any and all on it.

You all have the best beginning of the weekend possible, I'll try to do the same, no, I WILL HAVE THE BEST START TOO:wacko:

My boyfriend was supposed to come over for dinner, but he ended up having to work, soo....I splurged on a delicious steak while grocery shopping this afternoon. I'm planning on grilling it, and serving it with mixed salad greens, potato wedges & a glass of good red wine. Dessert will be fresh strawberries with balsamic vinegar.

My boyfriend was supposed to come over for dinner, but he ended up having to work, soo....instead I splurged on a delicious steak while grocery shopping this afternoon. I'm planning on grilling it, and serving it with mixed salad greens, potato wedges & a glass of good red wine. Dessert will be fresh strawberries with balsamic vinegar.
.............and what time 'is' dinner?:LOL:

After cooking all day yesterday for company, tonight is an evening out. One of our nicest local restaurants is running a Friday special (it is low season here and few tourists) of Dorado (Mahi-Mahi) dinner, including tortilla soup or salad, rice and vegetables, the fish cooked any way you like it (al gusto) and coconut flan for dessert for only 100 pesos (about $10 USD). We're meeting some friends there and plan to enjoy.

Vera! Eggs on a pizza? Tell us more. I'm intrigued...........

One of the more comforting dinners I recall from when I was a kid was a saucepan of marinara sauce that my mom simmered vegetables in. About 5 minutes before we'd eat, she crack a few eggs into the simmering sauce and let them poach in the gravy. She'd serve that over rice or pasta. About a year ago, Lou and I dined at Osteria in Philadelphia (it's practically impossible to get a table there, now). It's a very upscale chic type of Italian bistro. One of the specials that night was a pizza that had an egg sitting right in the middle. It's an amazing flavour combination. It's all about the spicy sauce and the loose egg yolk.

.............and what time 'is' dinner?:LOL:

Ah, er, about half an hour ago *laughs*. I'm on GMT+1, so it's 7.30 pm here :). The steak was to die for, but since this was the first time I made potato wedges (only having eaten them on holiday in Australia a few years ago before), they were nice, but...needing practise *G*.

Something simple tonight. Hamburgers, mashed potatoes, gravy, and some other veggie.

Tonight is my last dinner for my current border:( Even though it was sometimes difficult to keep up to his plain meat and potatoes diet, after 10 months I am realy going to miss him. Though I start right in tomorrow with a new one!

Anyway, I whipped up a batch of very special perogies with a potato, bacon, riccotta and cheddar filling and will do my usual onion butter sauce. We will have smokies with it and since I made the molten chocolate cake yesterday, I have an apple crisp in mind for tonight.

Ah, er, about half an hour ago *laughs*. I'm on GMT+1, so it's 7.30 pm here :). The steak was to die for, but since this was the first time I made potato wedges (only having eaten them on holiday in Australia a few years ago before), they were nice, but...needing practise *G*.

Did you bake or deep fry the wedges? I have found that if you parboil the wedges first just until the edges start to "crumble", then dry them on paper towels and cool a little they work very well. For deep frying I just put them in the oil (but make sure they are very dry) and for baking I toss them in some olive oil, salt, pepper and herbs (I love thyme and Rosemary). Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom