Dinner tonight. Mon. 7/29/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bibimbap

Attachments

• 2019-07-29 18.55.43.jpg
    2019-07-29 18.55.43.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 116
Local supermarket has fresh swordfish on special this week at $10 / lb., and it really was good sword. Grilled with a soy sauce and garlic marinade, side was a big house salad.

We had steak and stuff. I par-cooked the corn, then Himself finished it off on the grill before he cooked our steak to perfection. I sauteed mushrooms in butter and dry Sherry, and nuked Russet potatoes. Topped those babies with a lot of butter, a little sour cream, and fresh dill. A perfect summertime dinner.
IMG_20190729_213520849.jpg

Cooked up a quart of each, mung beans and brown lentils, brown rice, wheat berries, new potatoes from the garden.

Repackaged everything so we have 1+ cup of each in the fridge, the rest is frozen (not the potatoes). Then made big salads with broccoli, 3 kinds of lettuce, tomato, each of the grains, a chopped baked potato, with a tomato catalina no oil dressing.

Shopped in the basement pantry for beans (for salads and spicy beans), and tomato sauce for spaghetti sauce for tomorrow.

Sounds and looks great everybody!

IMG_4523.jpg

DH and I had Thanksgiving In July!

I got a Jenny-O Turkey Breast Tenderloin,
roasted that off along with whole Baby Dutch
Yellow Potatoes. I stir-fried some deconstructed
Brussel Sprouts with Olive Oil and minced Garlic.
And lastly heated some Trader Joe's Turkey Gravy,
smashed the taters and it was all
DELICIOUS!!! :yum:

We are in our fourth heat wave of the season.... 96 at dinner time....

No energy ! thawed two doggies, opened a can of Bush's, Air-Fried some spuds, chopped a little Lettuce and Red Onion......
goodnight_smi.gif

Beans & Franks.jpg

We grilled marinated chicken cutlets and corn on the cob, and cooked garden chocolate cherry tomatoes with red onions and green peppers in the grill basket. Also toasted some of my homemade flatbread and topped it with olive oil and za'atar.
0729192024a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom