Dinner tonight, Monday 20...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After the morning I've had, I could use Uncle Bob's dinner--at least the first part!:LOL::rolleyes:

I'm making spicy pecan crusted salmon with roasted bell peppers and squash and cheesy zucchini patties. Fruit salad (berries, peaches, nectarines, banana and apples) for dessert.

Beef stew ( it's turned cold today) with lots of veggies in it. Crusty bread with lots of butter. If I'm still hungry after that, a piece of leftover plum cake.

Breakfast was Ovaltine, surprise surprise. Supper will be a salad, surprise surprise.

Lunch is battered, deep fried (in canola oil) cod, deep fried (in canola oil) tater tots, and steamed (in Pur filtered water) corn on the cob, washed down with Italian wimp water (just picked up a new case over the week-end), and a lava cake for dessert.

Pork tenderloin sandwich on toasted buns w/melted swiss, raw fried potatoes w/onions and sliced tomatoes,cukes,onions. Ice cream sandwich for dessert !

Gah, the corn on the cob was dreadfull!

sure it was lovely and sweet on the inside but the corn skins were like tough plastic, Thick plastic at that, needless to say mine didn`t get eaten at all.

I`ve no idea why it was like this eather, I did nothing different to any other time, only bought it from a different store.

yes, you`ll get the Good AND the bad reports from me, I don`t care, Truth is Truth!

For some reason it's cheaper here to buy a dish already prepared that you put into the oven than to make it from scratch, so since I'm on a tight budget this week I took the help for my main dish, lemon pepper roasted chicken with thyme stuffing. For my side dish I roasted some diced sweet potato and butternut squash in some butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and brown sugar and we also had a green salad.

It's finally cold, windy and rainy here so it's

spaghetti and meatballs, salad tonight.

It's in the upper 90's here so I have 2 pot roasts with carrots going in the slow cookers - one for tonight with rice and salad and fresh baked bread and one for the end of the week.

Gah, the corn on the cob was dreadfull!

sure it was lovely and sweet on the inside but the corn skins were like tough plastic, Thick plastic at that, needless to say mine didn`t get eaten at all.

I`ve no idea why it was like this eather, I did nothing different to any other time, only bought it from a different store.

yes, you`ll get the Good AND the bad reports from me, I don`t care, Truth is Truth!

Sounds like you got stuck with a batch of old corn.

Meatloaf cooked topped with bacon. After removing, topped with onion rings and a few streaks of "Sweet Baby Rays"

I call it BBQ Mikeys BBQ Loaf.

:)WoooHooo went to Trinidad ,Colorado a good 130 mile round trip my normal grocery run every 2 weeks or so ,got some beautiful king crab legs for $9.00 a pound so I splurged.So its some fresh french bread and the crab legs with lemon butter.Thats it.A big treat for us.I absolutley love crab and never buy it unless I can get enough to satisfy my cravings.I should of married a fisherman never the less Im happy in land locked New Mexico with my cowboy.

Chinese take out explosion tonight! Sesame Chicken, boiled dumplings with crab, chicken mai fun, fried scallops with sweet and sour sauce, and vegetable egg rolls. Pure indulgent heaven! And wow at the leftovers….nice lunch week ahead of me now!

late reply... and I ended up not cooking - salmon sushi roll and sauteed spinach w/garlic.

Back
Top Bottom