Dinner tonight, Monday, June 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
it's 10:25 am and it's not been started yet. maybe too early still.

we are having that beef that I asked for help with.
it's the one where you put a huge hunk of beef in a zipper bag with a bottle of red wine and a stick of butter, let it sit there for 24 hours, then do {what I can't remember}.
Daily cooks made today, linguini with corgettes, in lemon, ricotta, tomato and basil sauce, looked wonderful and very easy. and I'll slice the beef really thin when I find out how to do it again.

what are you having?

It's 1:40pm here.

I think I'm doing chicken diavlo, brocolli and a pasta side.

I just fired up my smoker, and started smoking some turkey legs (YUMMY!). I've also started a batch of beef stock, but that won't be ready until sometime tomorrow at the earliest. I have no idea what else I'm making for dinner, probably a pasta salad. I've got to go to the store to get some carrots, and maybe I'll pick up some corn for the turkey legs.

Grilled pork chop, green beans, corn on the coblet, and acqua di San Pellegrino.

I may have leftovers from yesterday, or not. I had balsamic beef kebobs with chunks of zukes, mushrooms and red peppers with a side of rice & a salad. The kebobs (from a place called Supperthyme usa), were too vinegar-y. Disappointing. I hate to toss it out. Maybe I can doctor it up. I did find a recipe for mushroom kabobs & couscous, that looks interesting.

http://tinyurl.com/2hjw66

ok chicken diavlo is out, but I also get away with not cooking tonight. he he.
We did spend a lot of money on prime rib for our dinner yesterday and there are plenty of left overs to make sandwiches. Also left over au jus sauce. So that's what we are doing. maybe throw some french fries in the oven. YUMMMM!!! The dinner I had planned tonight will probably be tomorrow instead.

Well today should be easy:LOL: Nice buttered and warm french rolls, topped with sliced thin tri-top, sauteed mushrooms and onions, shredded lettuce and jack cheese slices with au jus to dip them in...potatoe salad, some avocados stuffed with crab salad, mellons, iced tea with mango, and left over ice cream cake if anybody wants some. Pretty warm here so grilling and oven use is nice to avoid..
kadesma;)

Arrghh - well, it's just shy of 95 degrees here at 5 p.m. & I just helped my hay guy unload & stack 60 bales of hay, so I'm POOPED!!! Lol!!

With thunder in the distance, I'm hoping a magic genie will show up to make dinner tonight, but I never count on magic genies - lol!!!

Meatballs in a sauce, mashed potatoes and a lettuce salad w/french dressing. For dessert it was lemon cake w/thick lemon frosting. (I bought it at our HyVee store). Delicious.

We had huge salads with everything green I could find, crumbled bacon, and sliced cheese and crackers and iced tea. For dessert we are having the last of the blueberry cheesecake dessert. I sent most of it hom with dd.

Ok, in addition to the Smoked Turkey Legs, I did some homemade pasta salad and steamed Corn on the Cob. PeppA has decreed that I may smoke turkey legs now (I've only done them once a year, as she wasn't happy with he results) on a fairly regular basis. I did 9 turkey legs, and everyone but the little ones ate them down. The little ones seem to be more interested in the corn on the cob than anything else.

Kads, I think your hubby owes you a dinner out after this weekend!:ROFLMAO: :)

DH got home late from his interviews in Philly so he just stopped on his way into town and grabbed big salads from the salad bar at our grocery store. Their salad bar is actually really nice. Butter pecan ice cream for dessert! Mmmmm.:)

legend_018 said:
hmm that looks rather interesting.

It was good.

I used KC Masterpiece Hickory Brown Sugar BBQ...and more than what it called for. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom