Dinner Tonight? Monday October 19th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Got a pretty hectic day coming down. Work late, volleyball game for kiddo #2 then meeting tonight and somehow need to fit visiting my sister in there. EEK. Think dinner is either chili or spaghetti or some other hamburger creation.

SIL is coming over so I am doing slow braised lamb shanks in a red wine gravy with dauphinoise potatoes (now I have some dairy free soya cream) peas and carrots.

OH is going out and is most miffed :)

Alix: it's always the store cupboard meals cos too busy or too skint my OH seems to love the best. The ones you throw together at last minute.

I have a sirloin roast out and will bake potatoes with it and maybe cooked carrots or peas.
Don't suggest peas and carrots cause DH won't eat them together!

either left over roast chicken with potatoes and peas or crab cakes . i am leaning toward crab cakes. maybe rice and brocc. casserole . brownies for dessert. made from a betty crocker mix that i got for 69 cents.

I have some leftover uncooked shrimp, I seasoned with lime juice, chopped cilantro, chopped jalapeno pepper, salt and fresh garlic, that I plan to grill. Prepared some "salsa verde" to go over the shrimp, mexican rice and salad. Hope family will like!

My version of Sub Gum Chicken Chow Mein and homemade vegetable Fried Rcie.

img_857466_0_447c89870ea3dee1f447bc3c1c281b53.jpg

Was in Vancouver most of the day at an appointment with my Dad and just got home a little while ago. We had huge delicious sandwiches at lunch so are not that hungry (and quite a bit tired). I think I will do sausage rolls and salad and save fancy stuff for tomorrow night when DH is home!

Looks awesome Ms M. Too bad you didn't live closer! ;)
thank you lp!! this is the first time i have ever made jasmine rice and the first time i have ever made fried rice. family loved it!!

i wish i lived closer to you also.

I am making beef patties (along with some meatballs at the same time--to be used at a later date) with gravy, mashed taters and green beans.

Kind of in a rush tonight and I wantted to try this recipe for Korean Fried Chicken Wings out. It turned ouit very good.

4028270156_f576d3f24f_b.jpg

Thanks for the nice words.

This is my best version of Korean Fried Chicken so far. I used a basic Korean Frying mix with some curry powder. The simple sauce is soy sauce, Korean rice syrup, ginger juice and Korean pepper.
Wings get rinsed in cold water then salt, black pepper and garlic salt.
Mix 1 cup Korean Frying mix with ½ tablespoon curry powder (I used S&B), black pepper and garlic powder.
Coat wings with flour mixture.
For first frying fry @ 325 just until they start to change color.
Fry again @ 375 until golden brown.
During second frying make sauce. Heat 4 tablespoons of soy sauce, 4 tablespoons rice syrup, 1 ½ tablespoon ginger juice and 2 tablespoons chili pepper. When it starts to boil add wings and coat.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds.

Thanks for the nice words.

This is my best version of Korean Fried Chicken so far. I used a basic Korean Frying mix with some curry powder. The simple sauce is soy sauce, Korean rice syrup, ginger juice and Korean pepper.
Wings get rinsed in cold water then salt, black pepper and garlic salt.
Mix 1 cup Korean Frying mix with ½ tablespoon curry powder (I used S&B), black pepper and garlic powder.
Coat wings with flour mixture.
For first frying fry @ 325 just until they start to change color.
Fry again @ 375 until golden brown.
During second frying make sauce. Heat 4 tablespoons of soy sauce, 4 tablespoons rice syrup, 1 ½ tablespoon ginger juice and 2 tablespoons chili pepper. When it starts to boil add wings and coat.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
thank you. i just need to find the ingredients.

Back
Top Bottom