Dinner tonight, Nov 18 Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kids requested pot roast and lots of mushroom gravy, smashed garlic potatoes, peas and mushrooms,napa salad,hot rolls, for starters, I decided to try a Rachel Ray goodie, garbanzo beans, rinsed and dried then put into a hot skillet to shrivel and dry, then sprinkle with salt and pepper and the last 10 minutes paprika..They turned out great..Of course I love this kind of munchie, hope the kids will as well, but I know they will devour the fried peppers and the puff pastry wrapped olives.:LOL:
Made an apple pie for dessert.
kadesma

DH's birthday is Wednesday and I always make lasagna for his birthday, but since his b'day is the day before Thanksgiving, we decided to celebrate it tonight, so we won't have two big heavy meals two days in a row. So lasagna's made and I'm off to the store for Chianti, salad fixings, a baguette for garlic bread, and dessert (I'm not much of a baker).

I'll be making elk tenderloin medallions with a cherry port reduction glaze, and then put them on top of some white truffle mashed potatoes and side it with some steamed cayenne zucchini and asparagus.

I tried a new recipe tonight, Vegetable Nut Roast. It had loads of veggies, lentils and finely chopped walnuts. Served it up with some lovely steamed broccoli!

Nibbly food here tonight. Likely wings and potato skins with veggies and dip to go with. Serious football watching here today.

whole wheat spaghetti, with meatballs in marinara sauce
mushrooms in a balsamic sauce and a chopped salad, dessert is baklava :)

Well, my son's bday is today but he is busy so I'll be cooking for him tomorrow. Today I'm home alone and doing some cleaning getting ready for Thanksgiving company. So dinner will be a bowl of cereal and later the 1/2 grapefruit that has been sitting on the counter, covered in plastic, all day.

Busy preparing for Thursday, so I took out a big roasted rosemary chicken that we needed to get out of the freezer. Have to make room for some of Thursday's leftovers, ya know. I think we'll have green beans and couscous. Feel kind of lazy today.

Had good old traditional Sunday roast beef with yorkshire puds, roasties, broccoli, green beans and loads of real graaaaaaaaaaaavy.

Not forgetting a huge dollop of horseradish of course!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom