"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-28-2006, 03:32 PM   #21
Master Chef

I'm eating frozen dinners. They are Old El Paso enchilada casserole and Tamale casserole.

Old 03-28-2006, 03:59 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

it's my little buddy's birthday so i'm not sure if we're gonna make something or go out. at 2 years old, he doesn't really have a favourite restaurant yet.

last night we tied bunches of baloons all over the house, and set out his presents. i woke up early, and waited, and waited, and waited for him to wake up. i was able to get his expression on my video camera as it turned from sleepy eyes to ones full of amazement and surprise when he came walking into the living room. that one i wil cherish forever...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:00 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

It's my daughter Ari's birthday so I'll be feeding a housefull She picked, pork marsala, garlic mashed potatoes, the leek recipe I posted and also the asparagus with the proscuitto and parmesan, homebaked rolls and honey, and winter /spring fruit salad. Dessert she chose cream puffs...

kadesma
Old 03-28-2006, 05:30 PM   #24
Executive Chef

originally I had to take my mother to a drs. apt tonight. but, this girl is tired so I cancelled it for sometime in April when maybe I've slept.

that means I'll be home tonight so cooking's on. I must check the freezer and see what jumps out at me. Hope they're doing a circus in there so I don't have to plow through it myself.

Fireplace is cracklin, so dinner will be a batch full of carbs. that's not good on the waistline, but it's pouring here and I feel like comfort food. so far, I made a cream of potato soup, with bacon rendered, onions, garlic, potatoes cooked in the ''breakfast home fries'' way, so in bacon grease, deglazed in small amount of w/w, then 1/2 and 1/2, an egg beaten with water and chicken broth. Right before serving, I'll stir in sour cream for richness and my chives from the front yard over the top and spinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top. This with a hearty green salad plus garlic break on sourdough, will hit the spot. I thought of cooking elbow macaroni noodles then draining (and in same pot while noodles are hot) adding cheddar and salt and pepper too, simply in a saucepan with no muss or fuss, but thought that'd be overkill on the carbs although it sounds wonderful and I still may do that........ .........
Old 03-28-2006, 05:34 PM   #25
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
i was able to get his expression on my video camera as it turned from sleepy eyes to ones full of amazement and surprise when he came walking into the living room. that one i wil cherish forever...
so sweet, gad aren't these little ones the most precious things
Old 03-28-2006, 05:58 PM   #26
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Leftover beef barley soup from last. There are two potato pancakes left from last night too, so I guess mom and dad and I can fight over them. I might make a coffee cake - we'll see.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:03 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
i woke up early, and waited, and waited, and waited for him to wake up. i was able to get his expression on my video camera as it turned from sleepy eyes to ones full of amazement and surprise when he came walking into the living room

Bucky Happy Birthday to your little guy. I think that's a pic we'd all love to see.
Kads Happy Birthday to your girl too.

As far as dinner goes I'm the only one home AGAIN. I think I'm just going to toss a pot pie into the oven.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:12 PM   #28
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
it's my little buddy's birthday so i'm not sure if we're gonna make something or go out. at 2 years old, he doesn't really have a favourite restaurant yet.

last night we tied bunches of baloons all over the house, and set out his presents. i woke up early, and waited, and waited, and waited for him to wake up. i was able to get his expression on my video camera as it turned from sleepy eyes to ones full of amazement and surprise when he came walking into the living room. that one i wil cherish forever...
Aww, those are the best days, aren't they bucky!!
You give that dollbaby a hug from Texas and tell him Happy Birthday!!
Old 03-28-2006, 06:13 PM   #29
Head Chef

Tonight is leftover chinese carryout. (gotta love that stuff)
I wish that it would rain here though, been a pretty dry month here on the mid east coast.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:13 PM   #30
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
It's my daughter Ari's birthday so I'll be feeding a housefull She picked, pork marsala, garlic mashed potatoes, the leek recipe I posted and also the asparagus with the proscuitto and parmesan, homebaked rolls and honey, and winter /spring fruit salad. Dessert she chose cream puffs...

kadesma
Tell her Happy Birthday from the strange Texan
Hope she has a great day, I know she is having a great dinner!!