Dinner tonight on a rainy 3/28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's my little buddy's birthday so i'm not sure if we're gonna make something or go out. at 2 years old, he doesn't really have a favourite restaurant yet.

last night we tied bunches of baloons all over the house, and set out his presents. i woke up early, and waited, and waited, and waited for him to wake up. i was able to get his expression on my video camera as it turned from sleepy eyes to ones full of amazement and surprise when he came walking into the living room. that one i wil cherish forever...

It's my daughter Ari's birthday so I'll be feeding a housefull:LOL: She picked, pork marsala, garlic mashed potatoes, the leek recipe I posted and also the asparagus with the proscuitto and parmesan, homebaked rolls and honey, and winter /spring fruit salad. Dessert she chose cream puffs...

kadesma:LOL:

originally I had to take my mother to a drs. apt tonight. but, this girl is tired so I cancelled it for sometime in April when maybe I've slept.
blyawn.gif

that means I'll be home tonight so cooking's on.
scary.gif
I must check the freezer and see what jumps out at me.
welcome.gif
Hope they're doing a circus in there so I don't have to plow through it myself.
img_250788_3_1eef57307842ea231c82c9c1d48e12ed.gif

Fireplace is cracklin, so dinner will be a batch full of carbs. that's not good on the waistline, but it's pouring here and I feel like comfort food. so far, I made a cream of potato soup, with bacon rendered, onions, garlic, potatoes cooked in the ''breakfast home fries'' way, so in bacon grease, deglazed in small amount of w/w, then 1/2 and 1/2, an egg beaten with water and chicken broth. Right before serving, I'll stir in sour cream for richness and my chives from the front yard over the top and spinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top. This with a hearty green salad plus garlic break on sourdough, will hit the spot. I thought of cooking elbow macaroni noodles then draining (and in same pot while noodles are hot) adding cheddar and salt and pepper too, simply in a saucepan with no muss or fuss, but thought that'd be overkill on the carbs although it sounds wonderful and I still may do that........
yumyum.gif

buckytom said:
i was able to get his expression on my video camera as it turned from sleepy eyes to ones full of amazement and surprise when he came walking into the living room. that one i wil cherish forever...

so sweet, gad aren't these little ones the most precious things:kiss: :heart:

Leftover beef barley soup from last. There are two potato pancakes left from last night too, so I guess mom and dad and I can fight over them. I might make a coffee cake - we'll see.

i woke up early, and waited, and waited, and waited for him to wake up. i was able to get his expression on my video camera as it turned from sleepy eyes to ones full of amazement and surprise when he came walking into the living room

Bucky Happy Birthday to your little guy. I think that's a pic we'd all love to see.
Kads Happy Birthday to your girl too.

As far as dinner goes I'm the only one home AGAIN. I think I'm just going to toss a pot pie into the oven.

buckytom said:
it's my little buddy's birthday so i'm not sure if we're gonna make something or go out. at 2 years old, he doesn't really have a favourite restaurant yet.

last night we tied bunches of baloons all over the house, and set out his presents. i woke up early, and waited, and waited, and waited for him to wake up. i was able to get his expression on my video camera as it turned from sleepy eyes to ones full of amazement and surprise when he came walking into the living room. that one i wil cherish forever...

Aww, those are the best days, aren't they bucky!!
You give that dollbaby a hug from Texas and tell him Happy Birthday!!
img_250818_0_93251c226f28afffc3e3d16348346419.gif
img_250818_1_4e961b6a613fc5774ff698ffdbe5f9a4.gif
img_250818_2_70a2026c8de839f4826b83907c5f9b45.gif
img_250818_3_511fd001949cd4631a255ecc6aa7d14d.gif
img_250818_4_7a00da6927e4ad6a137cce9deef414c4.gif

Tonight is leftover chinese carryout. (gotta love that stuff)
I wish that it would rain here though, been a pretty dry month here on the mid east coast.:ermm:

kadesma said:
It's my daughter Ari's birthday so I'll be feeding a housefull:LOL: She picked, pork marsala, garlic mashed potatoes, the leek recipe I posted and also the asparagus with the proscuitto and parmesan, homebaked rolls and honey, and winter /spring fruit salad. Dessert she chose cream puffs...

kadesma:LOL:

Tell her Happy Birthday from the strange Texan:LOL:
Hope she has a great day, I know she is having a great dinner!!

Actually I can tell you exactly how I made the fusilli/pecorino/ricotta!

"The Complete Book of Pasta and Noodles." Editors of Cook's Illustrated. Clarkson Potter. New York (2000).:

Ricotta cheese, either whole-milk or part-skim provides a creamy base for sharp pecorino cheese. For a milder flavor, substitute parmesan for the pecorino. You may use another fresh herb, such as basil or even mint, in place of the parsley. Good ricotta cheese can be quite stiff so be prepared to use the entire 1/2 cup of reserved pasta cooking water to thin out the sauce. Serves 4.

Salt
1 pound fusilli or short, tubular pasta
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese
2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
Ground black pepper

Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add 1 tablespoon salt and the pasta to the boiling water. Cook until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking wate; drain the pasta and transfer it back to the cooking pot. Mix in the ricotta, butter, pecorino, parsley, salt and peper to taste, and enough reserved water to keep the mixture moist. Divide among 4 warmed pasta bowls and serve immediately.

I cut the recipe in half and used more parsley than suggested. I just got everything ready while the pasta boiled...perdy eazy. I also ended up using a decent amount of the reserved pasta water like the recipe mentioned and I still could have put more in.

brad

Phantom of the Kitchen said:
Actually I can tell you exactly how I made the fusilli/pecorino/ricotta!

"The Complete Book of Pasta and Noodles." Editors of Cook's Illustrated. Clarkson Potter. New York (2000).:

Ricotta cheese, either whole-milk or part-skim provides a creamy base for sharp pecorino cheese. For a milder flavor, substitute parmesan for the pecorino. You may use another fresh herb, such as basil or even mint, in place of the parsley. Good ricotta cheese can be quite stiff so be prepared to use the entire 1/2 cup of reserved pasta cooking water to thin out the sauce. Serves 4.

Salt
1 pound fusilli or short, tubular pasta
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese
2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
Ground black pepper

Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add 1 tablespoon salt and the pasta to the boiling water. Cook until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking wate; drain the pasta and transfer it back to the cooking pot. Mix in the ricotta, butter, pecorino, parsley, salt and peper to taste, and enough reserved water to keep the mixture moist. Divide among 4 warmed pasta bowls and serve immediately.

I cut the recipe in half and used more parsley than suggested. I just got everything ready while the pasta boiled...perdy eazy. I also ended up using a decent amount of the reserved pasta water like the recipe mentioned and I still could have put more in.

brad

sounds wonderful and better yet, sounds easy, thank you for posting. tomorrow's the today I thought about yesterday....

Kadesma,
How do you make your Pork Masala.......my niece made it once when I was visiting her in Big Bear but all she did was brown chicken breast and pour Marsala wine over it and simmered it. It was good since I'd never has it before to know what I was tasteing....LOL

Dove said:
Kadesma,
How do you make your Pork Masala.......my niece made it once when I was visiting her in Big Bear but all she did was brown chicken breast and pour Marsala wine over it and simmered it. It was good since I'd never has it before to know what I was tasteing....LOL
Marge,
I'll post the recipe for you in the pork forum. I hope you will enjoy it we love it and make it with either chicken or pork pretty often. I do use a sweet marsala in my recipe the traditional will tell you a dry marsala, me I reallly do prefer the sweet. Your meat won't be sweet sweet, just a nice soft slightly sweet taste to it.

kadesma:)

Last night was a real quicky. A package of hot Italian turkey sausages sauteed in some extra virgin olive oil, served on a bed of mixed baby greens, & topped with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese & a light drizzle of Balsamic vinegar dressing.

Back
Top Bottom