"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-19-2015, 09:19 PM   #1
Master Chef

Dinner tonight Sat. 12/19/15

I've been cooking oven barbecued pork ribs and sides will be glorified salads for both of us, and canned chili beans for the SC.

What did you eat or cook tonight?

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 10:34 PM   #2
Master Chef

Woo-hoo, ALL our leftovers are gone! If we end up not leaving for OH until Monday, we'll have to go out for pizza tomorrow.

We cleaned up salad fixin's and last night's ham-beans-greens. I figured there wasn't enough ham, etc., so I also pulled out a little ramekin of mac-and-cheese from the freezer. Himself picked up a tray of sushi when I dragged him to the grocery store for Road Food, so we're both happily full. If the munchies crop up before we hit the sack, there's always peanut butter and ???

Old 12-19-2015, 10:46 PM   #3
Master Chef

I hope your trip is all you and Himself wish for CG. Don't forget to run the garbage disposal with some bleach or lemon rind before you leave. I forgot to do that once. Never again.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 10:59 PM   #4
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I've been cooking oven barbecued pork ribs and sides will be glorified salads for both of us, and canned chili beans for the SC.
Those ribs were fantastic! I found these extra meaty pork loin ribs at Von's /Safeway!
They are regularly $3.99 a pound, but have sales once in a while when I stock up.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:06 PM   #5
Head Chef

I'm roasting a petite sirloin roast 1lb. It costs $13 a lb. but I got a "buy one, get one free" so it only cost me half ($6.50). Mashed potatoes, green beans, salad, french roll. It's in the oven right now. I basted it with a half a pack of McCormick Roast-in-the-bag seasoning packets but am not using the roasting bag.

I set a oven probe in it to go off at 140F. One thing I don't like about my oven probe is that it shuts off to save battery power but doesn't wake back up when it reaches the set temp, very annoying. I have to keep watch of it and turn it back on every now and then.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:08 PM   #6
Certified Pretend Chef

Tonight's dinner was a lamb and okra stew over rice.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:12 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

We had a wonderful date night tonight. Dinner at a local seafood restaurant, 456Fish, and then to the theater for "Kinky Boots"! It was great - we loved it.

Dinner was delicious. We shared fried calamari, then DH had lobster mac 'n cheese and I had crab cakes with a spicy remoulade. He had bourbon bread pudding for dessert and I had chocolate lava cake. Mmmmm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1450584671496.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	24011   Click image for larger version

Name:	1450584686508.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	24012  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1450584702813.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	24013   Click image for larger version

Name:	1450584725949.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	24014  

Old 12-19-2015, 11:13 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Dinner tonight Sat. 12/19/15

We're hoovering up leftovers here. The Swiss steak and garlic mashed potatoes met their demise tonight.

Ooh, Kinky Boots and lobster mac and cheese and all the other stuff! I'm jealous, GG!
Old 12-19-2015, 11:32 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

It was an early Christmas present 🎁
Old 12-20-2015, 03:02 AM   #10
Master Chef

That is a nice Merry Christmas, GG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I hope your trip is all you and Himself wish for CG. Don't forget to run the garbage disposal with some bleach or lemon rind before you leave. I forgot to do that once. Never again.
Thanks, Kayelle. It's so good to spend time with our kids. ~ Thanks for the disposal hint, but we've never had issues with it. Might be our water doesn't do that here, although Lord knows we do have issues with the taste. Or at least I do. Himself has lower standards. I do clean the drain and sink regularly. I take my long-handled dish scrub brush, load it up with Soft Scrub Gel with Bleach, then swab the walls of the disposal and the underside of the drain flap about once a month. I also use that same gel cleaner on my sink and sink mats several times a week, and always before and after working with meat (mostly chicken). Slime and smells don't have a chance!

Tags
dinner