Dinner tonight Sat. 12/19/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I've been cooking oven barbecued pork ribs and sides will be glorified salads for both of us, and canned chili beans for the SC.

What did you eat or cook tonight?

Woo-hoo, ALL our leftovers are gone! If we end up not leaving for OH until Monday, we'll have to go out for pizza tomorrow.

We cleaned up salad fixin's and last night's ham-beans-greens. I figured there wasn't enough ham, etc., so I also pulled out a little ramekin of mac-and-cheese from the freezer. Himself picked up a tray of sushi when I dragged him to the grocery store for Road Food, so we're both happily full. If the munchies crop up before we hit the sack, there's always peanut butter and ??? :LOL:

I hope your trip is all you and Himself wish for CG. Don't forget to run the garbage disposal with some bleach or lemon rind before you leave. I forgot to do that once. Never again.

Last edited:
I've been cooking oven barbecued pork ribs and sides will be glorified salads for both of us, and canned chili beans for the SC.
Those ribs were fantastic! I found these extra meaty pork loin ribs at Von's /Safeway!
They are regularly $3.99 a pound, but have sales once in a while when I stock up.

I'm roasting a petite sirloin roast 1lb. It costs $13 a lb. but I got a "buy one, get one free" so it only cost me half ($6.50). Mashed potatoes, green beans, salad, french roll. It's in the oven right now. I basted it with a half a pack of McCormick Roast-in-the-bag seasoning packets but am not using the roasting bag.

I set a oven probe in it to go off at 140F. One thing I don't like about my oven probe is that it shuts off to save battery power but doesn't wake back up when it reaches the set temp, very annoying. I have to keep watch of it and turn it back on every now and then.

Last edited:
We had a wonderful date night tonight. Dinner at a local seafood restaurant, 456Fish, and then to the theater for "Kinky Boots"! It was great - we loved it.

Dinner was delicious. We shared fried calamari, then DH had lobster mac 'n cheese and I had crab cakes with a spicy remoulade. He had bourbon bread pudding for dessert and I had chocolate lava cake. Mmmmm.

Attachments

• 1450584671496.jpg
    1450584671496.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 173
  • 1450584686508.jpg
    1450584686508.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 171
  • 1450584702813.jpg
    1450584702813.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 201
  • 1450584725949.jpg
    1450584725949.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
We're hoovering up leftovers here. The Swiss steak and garlic mashed potatoes met their demise tonight.

Ooh, Kinky Boots and lobster mac and cheese and all the other stuff! I'm jealous, GG!

Last edited:
That is a nice Merry Christmas, GG!

I hope your trip is all you and Himself wish for CG. Don't forget to run the garbage disposal with some bleach or lemon rind before you leave. I forgot to do that once. Never again.
Thanks, Kayelle. It's so good to spend time with our kids. ~ Thanks for the disposal hint, but we've never had issues with it. Might be our water doesn't do that here, although Lord knows we do have issues with the taste. Or at least I do. Himself has lower standards. :LOL: I do clean the drain and sink regularly. I take my long-handled dish scrub brush, load it up with Soft Scrub Gel with Bleach, then swab the walls of the disposal and the underside of the drain flap about once a month. I also use that same gel cleaner on my sink and sink mats several times a week, and always before and after working with meat (mostly chicken). Slime and smells don't have a chance!

I pigged out on my Tex-Mex Hot and sour soup. I love hot (sweet?) and sour soup. This "throw Together" soup is one I will make again and again. So easy to pull together and so addictive.

Neither one of us wanted oysters or abalone meals, which were all that were left on our weekly meal plan. So, Craig stopped by the grocery to get a beef pot roast on his way home from a job. Carrots, onions and dried porcinis (because I forgot to have him grab some criminis) rounded it out.

Back
Top Bottom