Dinner tonight. Sat.2/2/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was out running errands all day, so I stopped mid-afternoon at a local watering hole that has really good bar food, and had a couple of beverages and some very tasty blackened chicken quesadillas.

I plan on cooking tomorrow.

CD

Reubens sammies made with homemade small-batch sauerkraut I started 9 days ago. It fermented pretty quickly this time.

Attachments

• 2019-02-02 18.08.17.jpg
    2019-02-02 18.08.17.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 140
I saw those on my last excursion to Trader Joe's.
I took a pass, now I'm second guess that decision.
Kay, let us all know what you thought of it, will ya?

Kgirl, I already used a package of the ORECCHIETTE

The high quality was impressive to be sure. TJ's comes through once more.
Orecchiette is a traditional shape that originated in Puglia. It translates to "small ear," so named for its cupped, ear-like shape. The coarse exterior and smooth underside of orecchiette gives it an irresistibly chewy bite, while its shape allows it to hold sauce with ease. While orecchiette is quite at home with spicy sausage and roasted broccoli, or floating in a steaming bowl of minestrone, it truly shines with basic prep: cook to al dente, and toss it with a few glugs of olive oil and grated Parmesan.
These Organic Pastas are made in small batches, and dried at much lower temperatures for up to 24 hours, resulting in a more rustic texture that cooks to a delightfully al dente texture.

Last edited:
Dinner at the desk in front of the computer. Soooo, what did you do? Gotta' sleep on the couch, too? :ermm:

CD :D
When you work with your partner every day, it's nice to eat in a quiet setting some nights when you get home..separate rooms make for better sleep..learned that years ago..especially when your wife likes a fan on and the window open in Canadian winters...

Last edited:
Today I made two gallons of a killer beef vegetable soup...we had some for dinner. Most of it will be frozen for Dh's future lunch boxes.

When you work with your partner every day, it's nice to eat in a quiet setting some nights when you get home..separate rooms make for better sleep..learned that years ago..especially when your wife likes a fan on and the window open in Canadian winters...

In other words... you snore. ;):D

I snore like a chainsaw. My wife could sleep through Armageddon. But, there were times when I needed to "get away." I went to Home Depot, and shopped for tools I didn't really need. When she needed to get away, she went shopping for shoes she didn't need.

CD

I'm making a "Local-Style 'Plate Lunch' Dinner ala Zippy's",
my favorite fried chicken in the whole wide world!!!
Along with my copycat Zippy's Mac Salad, steamed White Rice
and buttered Corn Kernels.
CLASSIC HAWAII!!!

003.jpg
my new toy

005.jpg

004.jpg
I brought back two bags of this mix from Honolulu this past May,
it ain't cheap either, so this is only the second time that I've made this fried chicken

006.jpg
I decide that my Quick Cucumber Kim Chee was a better choice than Corn :)
Needed something green on the plate ;)

MOST ONO!!! (that's delicious in Hawaiian)

Sounds like me. I like to sleep in a room cold enough to hang meat in.

However, all of my meals (lunch at work and dinner at home) are eaten sitting at my computer, with the exception of Sunday dinner. Sunday is my one day of the week when I turn off my phone and my computer and just watch movies all day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom