Dinner tonight? Saturday, Dec. 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dinner is fried catfish fillets (recipe later), Lakisha's seasoned green beans, cornbread muffins, and corn on the cob.

I'm still working on American southern foods.

With love,
~Cat

Macaroni pizza casserole tonight.
As always.....fantastic.
img_1324918_0_d4e5cfa24dc44887146848cbc9d5b48d.jpg

We went to the local Mexican restaurant after the town tree lighting festivities. We had Steak Fajitas for two. It was quite yummy. DH had a couple of Dos Equis and I had Modelo Negro. Went down well with the fajitas.

image-4274632711.jpg

I made lemon jello and am gelling it in urine specimen cups to take to a co-worker party tonight, Thanks Dawg! I also have two bed pans for chips and salsa. I have no idea what else we will be having. I heard something about Sangria, meatballs and a veggie platter.

We will be using urinals for Sangria pitchers...
My mum once had a party where she served wieners, all still attached, in potties. She smeared mustard on the edges of the potties and hung the chains of wieners over the edges. I don't remember all the things she did, but the napkins were toilet paper. This was before she was married, so I only got to hear about it.

I do hope these have not been used for their original purposes? :sick:

With love,
~Cat
I worked at a hospital where the student nurses were liable to take a test at any time. It was to see if they believed they had sterilized the bed pans properly. It went like this: that bed pan over there that you just cleaned - eat your lunch out of it.

I worked at a hospital where the student nurses were liable to take a test at any time. It was to see if they believed they had sterilized the bed pans properly. It went like this: that bed pan over there that you just cleaned - eat your lunch out of it.

Oh! That will teach people to clean things properly, yes?:yuk:

With love,
~Cat

Ack!

Urk!

We had a variation on Kadema's http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/pork-in-onion-sauce-tnt-82807.html#post1208121. I didn't use pork chops, I cut a pork tenderloin into medallions. I served it with nuked, left over potatoes, rødkål (I was too pooped to make a salad), and Mommessin's Cuvée Saint Pierre white. Dessert was a berry mousse. It was all tasty. The dessert was divine. It was a little bit soft, so I will post the recipe once I get it right.

Someone did a test. Most people's kitchen counters have more E. coli, than their toilet seats. :ohmy: They figure it comes from meat.

Last night's planned dinner became tonight's dinner. Made grilled chicken sandwiches on pretzel rolls. Besides the bun and slab o' chicken, the sammy had bacon, swiss cheese, sauteed mushrooms, all on a layer of my mayo/mustard/horseradish spread. :yum:

Prelude to dinner was my second attempt at Irish Pizza. Turned out much better this time! Still needs a little tweaking before I work up a written recipe.

How did it turn out?

How is the newest member of your family fitting in? We haven't hear much about her for a while.

It came out quite good. Thanks for asking.

Kimber is turning into a real pistol, but at the same time getting a good head on her shoulders. oops, no pun intended on the pistol...

Rocket, do you have a bigger pic available of that mac pizza? I can never enlarge them.

First you gotta make da roux.
36788-albums309-picture5760.jpg

Then you chop the Trinity and saute um up in a big soup pot. Add the seafood stock and bring it to a nice simmer. Then add the roux by big spoonfuls, lettin it desolve each time until you reach the thickness you like.
36788-albums309-picture5764.jpg

Now you dice the tasso and mix the spices as the pot simmers. Then add em in. Remember to stir every now and then.
36788-albums309-picture5763.jpg

Now you prep the seafood. Split the crab in half and add 4 halves to the pot. These are for flavor. Simmer for about 40 minutes. Start the rice. Add the rest of the crab halves and continue to simmer for about 15 minutes. 2-3 minutes before the crab cookin time is up, add the shrimp. Take the pot off the heat and add the drained claw meat and stir it in. Let it set till the rice is done.
36788-albums309-picture5761.jpg

Now you eat the Gumbo!:yum: This is rustic Cajun food.
36788-albums309-picture5762.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom