Dinner Tonight - September 7th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Having some neighbors over for dinner tonight. They're a young couple in their twenties, and expecting their first child. They mentioned in passing that they recently learned to like lamb, so I'm making grilled rack of lamb, broccoli, and a sweet potato salad with chili-lime dressing (yes, for anyone keeping track, I am having sweet potatoes two nights in a row).

Bierocks (w/ cabbage, ground beef & onions). Loaded spinach/beet salad w/ blue cheese dressing.

A package of frozen meatloaf fell out of the freezer this morning!

I wish a pie or some brownies would fall out of the freezer! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Meatloaf, red taters and corn on the cob!:yum:

Iced cold clams on the half shell with home made Sicilian Carponada on garlic bread. And Itialian Beer. Just right!

today is my 25th anniversary with cbs tv and radio, so i managed to skip dinner by cutting the lawn and picking up hundreds of apples from our giant tree (dw made plain chicken cutlets - not bad, but not celebratory), so now i'm off to pick up some sushi and noodle soup.

Having some neighbors over for dinner tonight. They're a young couple in their twenties, and expecting their first child. They mentioned in passing that they recently learned to like lamb, so I'm making grilled rack of lamb, broccoli, and a sweet potato salad with chili-lime dressing (yes, for anyone keeping track, I am having sweet potatoes two nights in a row).

How really nice of you Steve, I'm sure they will be impressed, as they should be. Hey, I really like lamb....jes sayin' ;):yum:

We had oven roasted beer butt chicken with steamed broccoli rob and baked potato. It hit the spot.

buckytom said:
today is my 25th anniversary with cbs tv and radio, so i managed to skip dinner by cutting the lawn and picking up hundreds of apples from our giant tree (dw made plain chicken cutlets - not bad, but not celebratory), so now i'm off to pick up some sushi and noodle soup.

Happy anniversary BT! Sorry today was filled with drudgery, hope the next 25 years have better meals and less drudge!

Would that I could send you some of our excellent seafood Alfredo bruschetta, but there's none left. Nice new Italian restaurant, we had to split everything, hugh portions. Lasagna was wonderful!

Last edited:
We had a stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut. It really hit the spot, and I didn't have to cook. I was really tired. Long week.

Happy Anniversary, Bucky T! :clap::punk::clap:

I am still having queezy stomach from all the chemicals so just some plain rice with peas and fresh bread and a little butter was my meal of choice. Hopefully I can have the Chinese food I was craving tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom