Dinner tonight Sunday 2/19/17?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wait one gosh darn minute, my birthday was coming up and now it is last week.........

7 layer salad, which turned into 9 layer salad, lettuce, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, eggs, bacon, peas, cheese, dressing. Great big in a straight sided big salad bowl, we'll be eating it for days. Yum.

Chicken on the merry-go-round as Glenn likes to call it. Whole chicken on the rotisserie, the cavity stuffed with fresh rosemary. Rosemary and garlic butter under the breast skin.

We'll have steamed fresh asparagus. You, too, Beth!

Aldi had some awesome baby bella mushrooms, so I've prepared them to be broiled. Sauteed some chopped fresh chives and grated garlic in olive oil, added the whole mushroom caps and finished by cooking the mushrooms until tender in sherry and a bit of soy sauce. Stuffed them with 4-cheese blend, then they'll go under the boiler. The "drippings" from cooking the mushrooms was ultra-tasty.

Don't think there'll be any need for dessert.

Had a big ham taking up valuable real estate in the fridge, so that's in the oven. Way too much for two people, so will give some to the neighbor and freeze a lot of it. Probably have it with corn.

I have a bunch of veggies that need using up, and several pounds of pork chops I portioned out from a whole loin last week, so I'm making stir-fry with my favorite spicy brown sauce. Will serve it over the rice medley I've been using lately.

I'm grilling pork kebobs with hoisin and five spice powder. Potatoes and asparagus will complete the meal.

We grilled burgers and since they don't take up too much grill space we made a passel of chicken breasts to use for salads or enchiladas or somesuch this week.

I got a huge russet potato at Kroger a few days ago. I'm going to bake it, and burry it in unhealthy stuff -- butter, sour cream, shredded cheese and chives.

CD

Craig made Italian meatball sliders. We also put together a take on an old dish of Macaroni Grill, lasagna with ground beef, Italian sausage, pepperoni, provolone, moz and parm. I add 1 layer with ricotta. Minimal sauce, you add what you want on serving. We made 2 pand, 1 for dinner in a couple of nights and 1 to freeze.

Oh My! Everyone's dinners sound really good, a couple of like thinkers in the group...

I spent the day making Portuguese Bean Soup, long process, but worth it in the end. We'll eat that another day...always better a day or two later.

So for tonight, I'm going simple

ground beef tacos.jpg
[file photo]
Ground Beef Tacos with a side of Watermelon, gee, I guess we eat this often, but it is pretty good, easy and quick. HEH!! I just thought of something...I even have some sour cream in the `fridge for a different recipe that I'm making later on in the week, ssshhh, don't tell DH, he claims to dislike sour cream, but it makes for nicer baked goods, doesn't it?
:devilish:

I bought 3 of the fancy Delmonico steaks from under glass at Giant Eagle. They had excellent marbling. I let them come to room temperature, patted them dry, rubbed some EVOO/salt/freshly grated pepper on them. Then I cooked them in the charcoal grille. I don't even use lighter fluid. I use a chimney starter with newspaper to heat the briquettes up.

The steaks were awesome.

We went out for a Sushi lunch, and we had leftovers for dinner.
We usually eat leftovers for lunch, but if they're more than two days old, I won't eat them although the SC will go days longer.
Anyway, we had the great ham hock/bean/collard soup from Fri, and the grilled thighs and veggies from last night. In those cases they were even better the second time around. Ymm...

We went out for a Sushi lunch, and we had leftovers for dinner.
We usually eat leftovers for lunch, but if they're more than two days old, I won't eat them although the SC will go days longer.
Anyway, we had the great ham hock/bean/collard soup from Fri, and the grilled thighs and veggies from last night. In those cases they were even better the second time around. Ymm...

Eww, agreed K, we never eat sushi that's more than a day old, ACK!

taco night.jpg
MMM, Red and Green for the mister and Green and White for the girl!
Still have some Cinnamon Pecan Swirl Donut Bread left over for dessert.
cinnamon pecan swirl donut bread.jpg

I made Taylor ham, egg, and cheese on fresh, hot bagels this morning for everyone for brunch, then we took my to rugby practice.

Afterwards, we stopped at a diner on the way home. We started with cups of soup (lentil, french onion, and chicken vegetable), then my boy had a burger and fries, dw had broiled salmon over rice pilaf, and I had a pastrami reuben and fries.

I made Taylor ham, egg, and cheese on fresh, hot bagels this morning for everyone for brunch, then we took my to rugby practice.

Afterwards, we stopped at a diner on the way home. We started with cups of soup (lentil, french onion, and chicken vegetable), then my boy had a burger and fries, dw had broiled salmon over rice pilaf, and I had a pastrami reuben and fries.

OH MY GAWD!

008.JPG

Did you make something like this buck?
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
good!
I'm not sure which component makes it so outrageously delicious, the bagel,
the cheese or the Taylor's Ham (you must be from PA ;) folks from NJ call it Pork Roll :))

Hot dog burritos, I guess. I had hot dogs and I wanted ketchup and cheese on them. I didn't have buns but I spotted the tortillas and well, .......heated the hot dogs, warmed the tortillas, and added the ketchup and cheese.

Not half bad.

I'll eat healthy tomorrow.

casey, this was actual Taylor ham.

K-girl, most folks from NJ - North to South - call it Taylor ham, as well some small areas of Eastern Philly and Northern Delaware. It's just pork roll everywhere else.

That bagel looks good nonetheless. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom