Dinner tonight, the 25th June, Monday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Morning everyone, who's planning on cooking today?
I am but so far have to wait until I get to my house to see what's on hand.
I'd love something really yummy, but I may just opt for home made chicken taco's with authenic Mexican beans and rice on the side. I know I have stuff to make that.
I am also stopping at the market for a couple of cans of pie filling, that'll be the strawberry kind to add to the cake that a DC member sent me the recipe for.

Have a good Monday..............​

a beef and onion pizza, there`s no tomatoes used, just cooked down onion instead, and then topped with cooked ground beef and mozzerela cheese.

Like my name I am grilling tonight!
Not sure what or how... but something is going on the grill!
Tilapia?
Pork chops?
hmmmmm...

I'm going to be a cooking fool today. It's my only day off, and I want to get some prep done for the next day as well, since I'm going to be one busy person at work this week.

Dinner tonight is Pot Roast. I want to see how my new enameled Dutch Oven does pot roast. If it's like everything else that I've cooked, it'll be outstanding.

I'm also going to smoke 10 lbs of chicken leg-and-thigh quarters. I don't plan on serving them for dinner. I'm planning on pulling the meat, and using some of it for Quesadillas, maybe some Enchiladas, and who knows what else.

I'm also thinking about making a small batch of Salsa Verde, to go with the food for Tuesday.

OK, I lied. We are gonna make a pork roast, mashed taters, gravy and probably my super spinach.
Comfort food night!

Dinner tonight will be a Caesar salad. However, lunch will be a 5 ounce top sirloin steak, baked beans, steamed green beans, macaroni salad, and a HUGE brownie! I will also be nibbling on grapes and fresh strawberries all day.

I have a whole chicken brining right now. I'll be roasting a chicken later. Most likely mashed potatoes and carrots for the sides. Gravy will also be made.

I have some chicken breasts thawing but am feeling uninspired.:mellow: I had been thinking of grilling them but we're supposed to be getting storms on and off all afternoon and evening so I need to come up with something to make indoors that won't heat the house up too much. Hmmmm.....I think the easiest answer for me would be ordering a pizza!:ROFLMAO:

PA Baker said:
I have some chicken breasts thawing but am feeling uninspired.:mellow: I had been thinking of grilling them but we're supposed to be getting storms on and off all afternoon and evening so I need to come up with something to make indoors that won't heat the house up too much. Hmmmm.....I think the easiest answer for me would be ordering a pizza!:ROFLMAO:
Pa, my kids like what they call Chinese chicken we serve it over white rice. It cooks in a skillet about 35-45 minutes, but I've done it in the morning then re-heated..Another one is to do a picatta and serve with the picatta sauce, which I make extra of over angel hair pasta..You could do the chicken early and make a chicken rice salad,or do the chciken in bite size pieces with mushrooms, olives, onions,garlic thyme a slice or 4 of bacon.a little butter,beef stock a little white wine and eat as a stew with a green salad and some bread or rolls. I'm not to quick on my feet this morning..Hope this helps.
kads

Since we are going to the beach tomorrow for a few days, I'm going to use up some stuff in the fridge. We will have a ham steak, steamed rice, zuchinni and tomatoes, and broccoli slaw, probably cantelope for dessert.

I just went to the market yesterday and bought some delicious foods - however, for me, dinner takes thought and prep - both of which I had no time for today. Soooooo, dinner will be chili and some cornbread. Easy but still good.

pork milanese sandwich on a kaiser roll, a platter of sliced tomaotes,Italian long green chiles,cucumbers,avocado,sliced onion rings, sliced peaches,watermelon,tuscan melon. Dessert is homemade vanilla ice cream with some sauteed in brown sugar and butter, bananas over the top.

kadesma;)

a couple of giant salads with leftover london broil from last night ..
it was hot today ..

We're trying out a new recipe tonight...a much simplified version of Chicken Cordon Bleu. The ham and Swiss cheese go directly into the sauce, which you pour over the browned chicken. It calls for boneles chicken breasts, but I have bone-in breasts and thighs, so I think I'll finish it off in the oven.

Since neither Kim or I have had the real thing, we may like it. If we do, I know Kim's going to want to try the traditional recipe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom