"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-31-2006, 01:30 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkath
Sephora, are you originally from the west? And, while I'm questioning, is your user id from the fantastically-wonderful Sephora store?
Yes, and Yep (and my cat, not the one stuck in the litter box in my avatar). I was from Orange County about 6 miles away from Disneyland in Cypress/West Garden Grove area. The nice part of Garden Grove.

And the cat story is she is all white with brown on her face, but only around her eye. It looks like she was getting a makeover and stopped half way through. I used to use my real name but something way too weird happened so I don't do that anymore.

Old 08-31-2006, 01:56 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Beef and Tomato soup for us pair tonight, with a cheese (mozzerala) loaded french stick, baked with a little garlic powder and parsley.

depending on the weather tomorrow, I think perhaps a Shepards pie is in order, eitherway, I`ll take the Lamb mince out the freezer 2night.

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:11 PM   #13
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by YT2095
Beef and Tomato soup for us pair tonight, with a cheese (mozzerala) loaded french stick, baked with a little garlic powder and parsley.

depending on the weather tomorrow, I think perhaps a Shepards pie is in order, eitherway, I`ll take the Lamb mince out the freezer 2night.
Would you believe I have never eaten lamb in my 61 yrs. !!
Old 08-31-2006, 02:27 PM   #14
Master Chef

Coney dogs, oven french fries and baked beans with tons of bacon.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:35 PM   #15
Head Chef

Well, reporting back my meatballs were great, considering how simple they were.....beef mince, seasoning and a squirt of ketchup! Husband looked forlorn at the thought of MORE tomotos, lol, I have been serving them almost every day as I am so in love with the Italian ones, so they are for our moving lunch tomorrow and I threw together a cheese sauce. It was a surprisingly good supper, or perhaps thats the bottle of wine we are having to make moving lighter tomorrow (why carry what we can eat/drink!)

Hope everyone else's supper is good too!
Old 08-31-2006, 02:55 PM   #16
Cook

Tonight we're having frito pie left over from last night. The chili always tastes better on the second night. Although I couldn't find real frito chips and ended up buying Key Foods version which were awful. I might have to go on an additional search for fritos before dinner tonight. I'm not really sure why they are so hard to find here in New York.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:04 PM   #17
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Thumbs up

Frito pie sounds good, you'll have to post your recipe for us, Frito's are in every store here in Mich.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:11 PM   #18
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiņanita
Tonight we're having frito pie left over from last night. The chili always tastes better on the second night. Although I couldn't find real frito chips and ended up buying Key Foods version which were awful. I might have to go on an additional search for fritos before dinner tonight. I'm not really sure why they are so hard to find here in New York.
What part of NY? That's really odd that you can't find them there. I know they have them in PA.

Try this: Contact UsIf you are unable to find the information you need and require further assistance from Frito-Lay, please contact us!

U.S. Residents

Call Us:1-800-352-4477
Monday - Friday
9:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Central Standard Time
Write To Us:Frito-Lay
P.O. Box 660634
Dallas, TX 75266-0634

Maybe a phone call and they can tell you were to find them close to where you are.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:12 PM   #19
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb L
Would you believe I have never eaten lamb in my 61 yrs. !!
I would believe you yes, although it does leave me wondering WHY this is the case?

you don`t have to say if you don`t want to, but I`m more than a little curious

EDIT: I`m also going to have to look up this "frito pie", never heard of it before, so now I`m Double curious! :)

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:15 PM   #20
Executive Chef

I'm making steak subs again. We had them last week and both of us loved it. I'm marinading the rib eye steak in worster sauce (dont know how to spell it), then adding some sauteed mushrooms, onions, peppers. No sides, that is plenty filling for us.