"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-31-2006, 03:20 PM   #21
Executive Chef

oh that MicheleMarie.......................YUMMO!

Dinner tonight will be for my DGS and myself. I think I'll give him the leftovers from last nights true genious of a dinner idea from MicheleMarie. Plus, he's a fruit/berry nut and his mommy has stocked up on raspberry's, strawberry's, blackberry's and blueberry's, which'll make up at least half his dinner. Our DD is going to the Dr for an Amnio. But if all goes well, we'll have our DGD tomorrow.

Now I'm off to write MicheleMarie a thank you for her posting. Those crazy bbq cups are insane...........................They've been added to my list of ''from now to forever'', staples!

Old 08-31-2006, 03:22 PM   #22
Master Chef

We're just having tacos tonight. I want to cook something elaborate, but, it's my day off and I'm too tired LOL
BTW, DH is mad that noone does the dinner with us anymore. He was asking every Friday, what we were doing that weekend. He actually liked having different stuff. Although, he didn't care for the Thai and Greek. LOL

Old 08-31-2006, 03:27 PM   #23
Senior Cook

MY hubby requested corned beef and cabbage so I'm making that for him along with cornbread. Son doesn't eat cabbage execpt in Colcannon (which he loves) so he's having a corned beef sandwich. Daughter doesn't eat red meat and I'm trying to loose a few lbs so I'm making some healthy turkey chili for us. Nice and spicy!

Hubby and I lived in CA for a few years, actually he lived there and I shared time between there and NC. Our children came out a few times (they were in college at the time) and son fell in love with Fat burger. In and out reminded me of that.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:31 PM   #24
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by YT2095
I would believe you yes, although it does leave me wondering WHY this is the case?

you don`t have to say if you don`t want to, but I`m more than a little curious

EDIT: I`m also going to have to look up this "frito pie", never heard of it before, so now I`m Double curious! :)
never grew up with it, Grandmother or Mother never fixed it. Now Lamb chops are quite pricey ! Guess I'll just eat my chicken ! lol
Old 08-31-2006, 03:32 PM   #25
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncooker
MY hubby requested corned beef and cabbage so I'm making that for him along with cornbread. Son doesn't eat cabbage execpt in Colcannon (which he loves) so he's having a corned beef sandwich. Daughter doesn't eat red meat and I'm trying to loose a few lbs so I'm making some healthy turkey chili for us. Nice and spicy!

Hubby and I lived in CA for a few years, actually he lived there and I shared time between there and NC. Our children came out a few times (they were in college at the time) and son fell in love with Fat burger. In and out reminded me of that.
Fat burger is good too.

I recently saw corned beef in Lowe's Foods and thought it was so strange to see it in August. I had never had it any other time than at St. Patty's day. It was just "how it was" with my mom's house. I did it in the crock but had to add extra seasoning because the packet it came with was ruined. What part of NC are you in?
Old 08-31-2006, 03:32 PM   #26
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora
What part of NY? That's really odd that you can't find them there. I know they have them in PA.

Try this: Contact UsIf you are unable to find the information you need and require further assistance from Frito-Lay, please contact us!

U.S. Residents

Call Us:1-800-352-4477
Monday - Friday
9:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Central Standard Time
Write To Us:Frito-Lay
P.O. Box 660634
Dallas, TX 75266-0634

Maybe a phone call and they can tell you were to find them close to where you are.
Thanks for the info. I live out in Brooklyn. Getting Fritos here can turn into a bit of a search. In the past, when I've made Frito pie, I've had to try 2 or 3 grocery stores or delis to find them. Last night for example, I went to a deli and then to the grocery store and ended up with the key foods brand. Sometimes I find them and sometimes I don't. The guy at the deli told me to try again tomorrow and they might have them. Perhaps Fritos are so popular here that they can't keep them on the shelves.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:34 PM   #27
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiņanita
Thanks for the info. I live out in Brooklyn. Getting Fritos here can turn into a bit of a search. In the past, when I've made Frito pie, I've had to try 2 or 3 grocery stores or delis to find them. Last night for example, I went to a deli and then to the grocery store and ended up with the key foods brand. Sometimes I find them and sometimes I don't. The guy at the deli told me to try again tomorrow and they might have them. Perhaps Fritos are so popular here that they can't keep them on the shelves.
Maybe try a gas station that's also a convenience store like BP or Exxon. That's where I get mine if I don't want to deal with WalMart.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:39 PM   #28
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

O.K. I give - what is Fat Burger- ???
Old 08-31-2006, 03:46 PM   #29
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb L
O.K. I give - what is Fat Burger- ???
Another CA burger chain.

http://www.fatburger.com/home/ They may have them other places, but it's definitely in CA but not much further east in the quantities that CA has. There's a sprinkling of one location here or there, but only CA and AZ have mass multiple locations.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:03 PM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

DH and I and several of the kids enjoy veal once in awhile, so tonight we're having a veal in marsala cream, some roasted yukon gold,onions, celery,
carotts, and turnips, A green salad, rolls and some sliced fresh peaches made into a peaches and cream pie.

kadesma